Menu
Are most of the foreigners inclined to eat less or even no spicy food?
Nov 1, 2008 05:03
  • DAVEC
I like mine a little spicy, but have to admit I couldnt cope with Chengdu hotpot, it hurt when I ate it, it hurt following morning and it still hurt 12 days later after I had lost 5kg
Nov 1, 2008 06:15
  • LLYNN
Sorry to hear that. Then you should take care not to eat food counteractive to your health :-)
Nov 1, 2008 08:39
  • JIMPANZY
Hey Dave.....You lost 5kg eating hot pot?????? hahahhahaha. Sorry to laugh at you but I don't think that had anything to do with the spices. I think you must have eaten a bad dish for that to happen. I have travelled to China 5 times in 2 years and have never suffered from any food problem. Spicy food is certainly good for the health, especially if you have a cold/flu. The hot pot in Cheng du, Chongqin and Mian yang are delicious and bearable to most westerners and I think you must be a little sensitive to it. Stay away from spicy food!!.
Nov 1, 2008 10:44
  • MARRIE
In South west and middle west China, It's wet. People there like spicy food and they are good at making spicy sauce. Spice can cure cold. I hear Hu Nan Spice is stronger than Si Chuan Spice and i prefer Si Chuan flavor. I like Spicy hot pot with all kinds of sea food in winter although my body natures is not suitable for spicy food from traditional chinese meds. theory because it makes you feel very dry and internal heat which is the cause of disease from chinese meds. point of view. I ate India currey and western spicy sauce, i think it's much milder than Chinese spice
Nov 3, 2008 20:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I hate spicy foods like wasabi and anything with hot peppers. However, I like foods with a dash of some spice. ^_^
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are most of the foreigners inclined to eat less or even no spicy food?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code