Menu
Hubei province
Nov 1, 2008 03:08
  • DAVEC
My lovely lady is from this area and we may be going back there for trip during Chinese new year.
Can anyone suggest places of interest that I could visit there?
I havent been before and dont know the province well
Nov 1, 2008 10:18
  • LIONPOWER
It is better to ask your,"Lovely lady"
Nov 2, 2008 01:44
  • DAVEC
Naturally I will, but she doesnt have as much experience of travelling as all the people on this forum.
Nov 2, 2008 01:55
GUEST75110 LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL thats the million dollar answer
Nov 2, 2008 01:57
GUEST75110 ask your lady LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOOOLLLLOOLLLOLLOOOL
Nov 2, 2008 02:14
  • DAVEC
I hear that Hubei has an ape man hiding in the mountains and forests, I think if I shout its name it will come to me.

' blueyankee, where are you'?
Nov 2, 2008 02:47
GUEST20429 You could go to Wudang Mountain. It is a Taoist Monastery. It is about 1-1.5 hours outside of Xiangfan. I went there with my fiancee two years ago and we had a lovely time.
Nov 2, 2008 08:03
  • LIONPOWER
Davec,
You are lucky to get such innocent lady like you.
Nov 3, 2008 05:38
  • GAFFER
Dave, I did a quick Google search as I'm sure you have, and there is remarkably little about the area other than demographic information. It seems there are plenty of lakes so there maybe some photo opportunites there. I guess it is not a major tourist area. However, if your Chinese New Year experience next year is anything like mine was this year, you will have little time for tourism. This is the time for eating and celebrating...every night for at least a week and maybe two!! The bigger the family the more visiting and celebrating you will be doing. You will also find that travelling will be "busy" as most people head home for this festival (and many couldn't due to the weather this year). I hope it is a little warmer than this year, the coldest winter for 50 years, and heating in south China (where I was) is not common :o(
Nov 3, 2008 16:30
  • DAVEC
Yeah, I think the scenery will be great. I still havent seen any mountains yet.
We decided to go back really for 2 reasons, to meet her family plus it should be quieter than the main tourist spots.
I like the idea of eating, as its my first Chinese new year it would be rude not to join in and gain a few kilos.
Nov 8, 2008 09:49
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Dave,
You have so many options in Hubei.

the BIG one of course is the Three Gorges and the dam but failing that you can take a trip to Badong and Shennong Xi and Shennongjia home of the ape man.

I'm sure if you 'google' tourism in Hubei you might find stuff too. Ask your wife to search Chinese language sites. they will have better information
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hubei province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code