Menu
Travel between Nanjing and Shanghai
Nov 3, 2008 03:41
  • SHULTZ
I need to travel from Nanjing to Shanghai airport. Leaving Jinling resort in Nanjing in the eve. at 7 pm to catch 1.20 am flight at shanghai airport .
a)Is it possible to do the train journey well in time.?
b)how long will a taxi ride take from Jinling resort to Nanjing train station ?
c) is there a train around 8.30 pm from Nanjing station to Shanghai and how long it will take to reach Shanghai.
d)How long to commute from Shanghai rail station to airport.

Nov 5, 2008 03:54
  • ELLYSE
Eh, where in Nanjing is Jinling resort?
If your flight out is international and leaving from Shanghai Pudong airport (PVG), you'll need to reach Shanghai Pudong airport by 2300 or latest 2330 to check-in for your flight.
The latest D train for Nanjing -- Shanghai is D449 (2009--2233). This is the latest train for you to reach Shanghai and the airport in time.
For Shanghai main train station -- Pudong airport, you could take airport shuttle no.5 for 18 RMB (journey time around 1 hour), or a taxi for perhaps around 160 RMB (journey time perhaps a little less than the airport shuttle).
Nov 5, 2008 05:38
  • SHULTZ
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed tips.
Jinling Resort is in the centre of Nanjing town.Will I be able to get to the station ( what is the name of the station )where the train no D449 starts from? I plan to take a taxi as I fnish my work by 6.30 or so ,and I need to catch the train at 8 pm.Are there long lines to take the ticket? Or should I take the ticket in advance ?
Nov 5, 2008 08:49
  • ELLYSE
You should definitely buy in advance.
Best way would be to take metro to the train station as you don't want to be stuck in traffic jams. How much luggage do you have?
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Shultz) in the subject line, thanks.
Post a Reply to: Travel between Nanjing and Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code