Menu
What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Nov 9, 2008 20:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Samurai X is the same as Rurouni Kenshin, JimmyB. It's called Samurai X in America. I think you mentioned it before that you know this anime.

Nov 9, 2008 20:31
  • SHESGOTTOBE
School Rumble is a very funny anime. I love it! Here's a brief info about School Rumble:

Tsukamoto Tenma is a high school student who got a major crush on Karasuma Oji. She is having a hard time confessing her feelings to Karasuma, & mixed with Harima Kenji, who also got got a crush on Tenma, makes this everyday-student life as funny as it could be.

Nov 9, 2008 20:33
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Another pic:

Nov 9, 2008 22:12
  • JIMMYB
I didn't know that Rurouni Kenshin had another title, hehe. I mistook Samurai X as another Japanese cartoon X (the author is Clamp). It is also worth watching.

This is Shiro Kamui, the leading character.

Nov 9, 2008 22:20
  • JIMMYB
By the way, do you watch the Prince of Tennis? I mean, about their national competitions with other strong teams. It is said that the 23 and 24 episodes were already shown at the end of October. But I didn't find them on the internet. This week, I re-watched Gundam Seed and Destiny. Pretty good.
Nov 10, 2008 20:14
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Haha... I don't even know what latest episode of Prince of Tennis I've watched, but I am pretty sure I haven't seen the national competitions yet. What schools are they against with? Are you talking about the competition against Atobe's school or something else? And being in America, we are always behind when it comes to DVD releases. Wait, something is wrong here... I just checked my DVDs and I have the Volume 4 which contains episode 39-50. I heard it has around 178 episodes.

I am confused. I know it has a lot of OVAs but I am not sure if there are new seasons. Do let me know.

I have read the manga of X by Clamp but I have not watched the anime. X is a bit depressing with it's sort of end of the world plot, although I liked the artwork. I have watched Cardcaptor Sakura (these are for little girls though) and Chobits (which is an anime for men, sort of). Both were created by Clamp.
Nov 10, 2008 21:06
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE, the OVAs about the national competitions were released long time ago. As far as I know, there are 25 episodes. Now, I have already watched 22 episodes. The fans of the Prince of Tennis said that 23 and 24 episodes had been released in Japan but I didn't find any on the internet let alone DVDs. The 25th episode (the final) will be released on January 29th, 2009.

Actually, I have watched the manga through the internet. I know all plots and the ending. You want to know the ending? I can disclose some plots to you. Ryoma Echizen and his teammates will fight Atobe's school again and their last rival is Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku. The final competition is between Ryoma Echizen and Yukimura Seiichi. As for the result, you will know that after you watch the OVAs.

"I just checked my DVDs and I have the Volume 4 which contains episode 39-50. I heard it has around 178 episodes."

Yes, there are 178 episodes in all. I have watched them all. You can get those DVDs and OVAs when visiting Japan. If you have Japanese friends, you can ask help from them.

"X is a bit depressing with it's sort of end of the world plot, although I liked the artwork."

Agree. I have watched X too. As for the other two, I haven't watched them, hehe.
Nov 11, 2008 21:16
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"SHESGOTTOBE, the OVAs about the national competitions were released long time ago. As far as I know, there are 25 episodes. Now, I have already watched 22 episodes. The fans of the Prince of Tennis said that 23 and 24 episodes had been released in Japan but I didn't find any on the internet let alone DVDs. The 25th episode (the final) will be released on January 29th, 2009."

Great, so you are talking about the episodes of an OVA. Nope, I haven't seen them yet. Although I love animes, I don't pursue them until I get them. Party because there are so many other things to do. From what I read, Tezuka was beaten by Atobe. I haven't seen it so I am not sure. Are there new schools and characters in the OVA that are not in the main series? Did Ryoma improve greatly? How about my favorite Fuji? Hehe...
Nov 12, 2008 00:33
  • JIMMYB
"From what I read, Tezuka was beaten by Atobe. I haven't seen it so I am not sure."

Yes, Tezuka was beaten by Atobe due to his left shoulder injury (in the main series). If he wasn't injured, he would win that match. Ryoma originally wasn't arranged to participate in the competition between Seishun Academy and Hyotei Academy. However, Seishun and Hyotei tied so that Ryoma had a chance to play. Of course, he won that match easily. The most exciting competition was between Seishun Academy and Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku. Due to his shoulder injury, Tezuka didn't play. So did Yukimura Seiichi. He was in operation when the competition began. Ryoma and Sanada Genichirou had a fierce fight. During that match, Ryoma learnt a new skill and finally defeated Sanada Genichirou. So Seishun Academy advanced to national tournament.

"Are there new schools and characters in the OVA that are not in the main series? "

There is one new school---Shitenhōji. At least, I didn't notice it in the main series. In the OVAs of national tournament, Shitenhōji caused much trouble to Seishun Academy. They have three great tennis players: Shiraishi Kuranosuke, Tooyama Kintarou (a young genius of tennis just like Ryoma) and Chitose Senri. The competition between Shitenhōji and Seishun is tooooo fierce.

Did Ryoma improve greatly? How about my favorite Fuji? Hehe...

Ryoma, Tezuka, Fuji etc have all improved their tennis skills. As for Fuji, he improved greatly though he lost to Shiraishi Kuranosuke.

Can't be wating for 23, 24 and 25 episodes of National Tournament OVAs.
Nov 13, 2008 21:21
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Aww... so Tezuka and Fuji lost games... how sad... That's tennis on steroids for you.

By the way, JimmyB, do you watch animes with English or Chinese subtitles? Do you watch them with the original Japanese dialogue on?

One time, somebody showed me a pirated Slam Dunk CD. It was dubbed in Chinese! LOL! They even changed the names of Rukawa and Sakuragi into Chinese.
Page 2 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code