Menu
What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Nov 13, 2008 21:52
  • JIMMYB
Aww... so Tezuka and Fuji lost games... how sad... That's tennis on steroids for you.

Hehe, Tezuka lost to Sanada Genichirou in the final of national tournament too. I should say that Sanada Genichirou win that match disgracefully. If he confronts with Tezuka positively, it is hard to say who will win. Sanada Genichirou didn't do this because victory for Hyotei Academy is the most important. Fuji just lost one match. He lost to Shiraishi Kuranosuke in the semi-final of national tournament. As you know, he lost just because he didn't have strong belief in victory. Tennis for him is just for fun though he is a genius. However, he realized this and evolved after that match.

By the way, JimmyB, do you watch animes with English or Chinese subtitles? Do you watch them with the original Japanese dialogue on?

I watch animes with orginal Japanese dialogue and Chinese subtitles. Chinese dubbed Japanese animes are not good. I don't like their voices. Actually, I can't understand Japanese. But Chinese subtitles help me a lot.

SHESGOTTOBE, I recommend you another Japanese cartoon---Darker than Black. I think it is good, especially the song played when the episode ends. Althougth I can't understand what she sings in Japanese, the rhythm is good.

Here is the post of Darker than Black. That guy is the protagonist. Actually, he looks more handsome than he is in the post, hehe.

Nov 16, 2008 00:12
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Ok, I searched Darker than Black. It seems that the artwork is very close to Bleach and Ghost in the Shell. I can't really point my finger to it but this artwork is very familiar. It seems that it's been released in America so maybe I can rent it through Netflix. ^_^
Nov 16, 2008 00:18
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Here is the lyrics to the ending song of Darker than Black in Japanese:

Tsukiakari

aoi aoi sora ni tsuki no hikari wo tomosu
amaku awaku omoi sonna mono ni torawarete

kono tsukiakari no shita hitori shirazu
kimi no namae dake wo yondeita
itsumademo mirai wo sagashiteta
kono hikari no naka ni...

itsumo itsumo soba de shinjiteyuku chikara ga
tooku moroi mono wo ugokashiteru ki ga shiteta

kono tsukiakari no shita hitori shirazu
kimi no namae dake wo yondeita
shizukana aijou wo shinjiteta

nani mo tsukamenai you na yoru ni ha
kimi wo omowanai toki ha nai
There isn't a day I don't think about it
mayou kokoro ga kimi ni todoku you ni

kono tsukiakari no shita de watashi no namae wo yonde
tashika ni ainiyuku yo doko he demo
kimi no soba ni

kono tsukiakari matataki hitotsu sezu
shizuka ni watashi wo mitsumeteita
kimi to no mirai wo sagashiteta

Nov 16, 2008 00:20
  • SHESGOTTOBE
In English:

Moonlight

In the blue, blue sky, I turn on the moon's light
Sweetly, faintly heavy--captured by things like that

Without knowing I'm alone underneath this moonlight
I called out only your name
I've been searching for the future forever
Inside this light...

I've got a feeling that fragile things are being moved far off
By the power of always, always believing you'll be near me

Without knowing I'm alone underneath this moonlight
I called out only your name
I believed in quiet affection
Inside this light...

There's never a time when I don't think about you
On nights where it's like I can't catch hold of anything
There isn't a day I don't think about it
May my hesitating heart reach you

Call out my name underneath this moonlight
I promise I'll go see you, no matter where
To your side

Without blinking once in this moonlight
You quietly gazed at me
I've been searching for the future with you
Inside this light...
Nov 16, 2008 20:50
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE, you didn't tell me that you didn't like Bleach. I like watching Bleach. Ichigo Kurosaki always try to protect his friends no matter how bad he hurts. As for Ghost in Shell, I haven't watch it yet. Don't know what it is about. I guess you don't like Gundam Seed and Destiny too. Girls usually have on interest in fights. But the music in Gundam Seed and Destiny sounds very good. I suggest you listen to them.

By the way, you said you watched Naruto before. Do you like it? I am not a fan of Naruto.

Thanks for sharing the ending song of Darker than Black.

These are two protagonists in Gundam Seed---Aslan-Zara and Kira Yamato. Behind them are their mobilesuits---Justice and Freedom.

Nov 17, 2008 21:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I’m not really a Bleach fan but I watch it sometimes on TV because they show it during late Saturdays in Cartoon Network on their Adult Swim portion. For some reason, Ichigo has only two kinds of emotion, irritated and angry. LOL! But yea, he is good to his friends.

They show Naruto as well on earlier time slot. I am not a fan of it either but there are some episodes that I like. For some reason, Naruto is engaging in the first few episodes but after a while it became boring. I like that episode when Naruto and the gang tried to trick Kakashi sensei to take off his mask haha!

I think I have watched one episode of Gundam Seed. It depends on the kind of fighting, really. I’m done with robots and such after I graduated in high school. :P The first animes I’ve watched are about fighting. Voltes V is a classic. So are fighting robots Mazinger Z, Daimos and Voltron. I loved Macross and Astroboy, too.

Fast forward, I like some action anime if the setting is sort of like in the feudal era or something like that. I like Samurai X(Rurouni Kenshin), Samurai Champloo, Utawarerumono and now I am also liking Seirei no Moriboto. Most of the time, I like animes with some comedies.

If you like Gundam Seed, then you probably like Gundam Wing, The Big O and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Voltes V ending song is a very sentimental ode to the captured father of the leading characters. I love it. I want to post it here but I have yet to master “Posting Videos for Dummies”. O_o

Here is Voltes V and the characters:

Nov 17, 2008 21:23
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Utawarerumono:

This is Benawi, a brave and gallant Samurai General. He is not really the main character but he is my fave. ^_^

Nov 17, 2008 21:25
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Big O. Just another mecha anime:

Nov 17, 2008 21:26
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Gundam Wing:

Nov 17, 2008 21:30
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Neon Genesis Evangelion:

Page 3 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code