Menu
LOOKING FOR CONTACT AND INFORMATION CONCERNING HAINAN, SANYA, YALONG BAY
Nov 4, 2008 11:07
  • PEB95000
Hello,
I am currently residing in France. I am French (37 years) and my wife is Chinese (35 years). We have a girl 7 years.

We wish we permanently live on the island of Hainan (especially in Sanya).

We will spend 2 weeks holiday in February 2009 in Sanya to see for ourselves the opportunities both at home and professionally.

I'm international buyer (I buy gifts for large accounts). I work with Chinese factories.

Would it be possible to be in contact with foreigners who are already installed in that province so that we can benefit from their experiences and give us advice on our future installation in the region.

Thank you in advance

My e-mail wanadoo.fr|pbuisson95

Pierre Buisson
Nov 8, 2008 09:32
  • JABAROOTOO
I'm not sure that there are any expat members who are active on this site.

There are several foreign owned and operated restaurants which you may also be able to contact before or when you arrive. Sanya is a pretty nice place to live and I'm sure that while you are on holiday you can do some necessary research for you future relocation.

All the best
J
Nov 12, 2008 04:30
GUEST75113 Thanks a lot for your reply
Sure we will try our best to get lot information when we will go to Sanya during our vacation.
Jan 7, 2009 15:14
GUEST12170 I will be visiting China for the second time in the next few weeks, I would like to visit Hainan with a view to maybe retiring there in the noy to distant future. Can you offer any advice on possible retirement in China and property sites to look at prior to my visit?
I have retired from the UK fire service with a pension and capitol, is it an easy process retiring in China or are there many hurdles to overcome?

Many thanks for reading my note!

H
Jan 10, 2009 22:49
  • JAAP
At this moment Chinese Law prohibits Foreign owned property in Hainan. At least that is what I have heard.
Without a Chinese partner it will be hard to get an unlimited visa for 1 year, but maybe, since you would like to retire and bring in money, guest 12170, they will be stretching the rules for you...
Jan 12, 2009 06:48
  • APAULT
Gue3st1270: I guess you are also the poster I respoe teaching. Please read through the visa threads in this forum.

It is not hard to stay in China for many years but you will have to getting new visas. Not too difficult.

In addition, you cannot buy property anywhere until you have been a resident for a qualifying period (I f think it is 2 yrs). The easiest way to gain residency is the temporary residency that derives from entering on a Z visa. I think all Z visa based jobs provide accommodation. Other teaching jobs often do. Otherwise, rental in all but the mapor cities is inexpensive, from under 1000 rmb (100 pounds a month) basically furnished in an older type block. I have lived in such a place. Renting gives greater flexibility than buying.

I anticipate being in Haikou and perhaps Nanning or Guilin, during Feb. Msg me if you would like me to do a basic check of rental prices etc. Have you checked out Angelina's Cafe: http://anesl.com/schools/index.asp ...... it is a good plac to start checking out jobs etc (but I have never sought a job through this agent).

Jan 12, 2009 06:49
  • APAULT
Gue3st1270: I guess you are also the poster I respoe teaching. Please read through the visa threads in this forum.

It is not hard to stay in China for many years but you will have to getting new visas. Not too difficult.

In addition, you cannot buy property anywhere until you have been a resident for a qualifying period (I f think it is 2 yrs). The easiest way to gain residency is the temporary residency that derives from entering on a Z visa. I think all Z visa based jobs provide accommodation. Other teaching jobs often do. Otherwise, rental in all but the mapor cities is inexpensive, from under 1000 rmb (100 pounds a month) basically furnished in an older type block. I have lived in such a place. Renting gives greater flexibility than buying.

I anticipate being in Haikou and perhaps Nanning or Guilin, during Feb. Msg me if you would like me to do a basic check of rental prices etc.

Have you checked out Angelina's Cafe: http://anesl.com/schools/index.asp ...... it is a good place to start checking out jobs etc (but I have never sought a job through this agent).

Jan 12, 2009 08:43
  • APAULT
My apologies for the errors in my previous post - my thumb keeps slipping onto the laptop mousepad and the cursor gets moved. Here is a corrected version of the first 2 sentences.

Guest1270: I guess you are also the poster I responded to about teaching opportunities. Please read through the visa threads in this forum for more info.

It is not hard to stay in China for many years but you will have to get new visas. Not too difficult.

:)

Post a Reply to: LOOKING FOR CONTACT AND INFORMATION CONCERNING HAINAN, SANYA, YALONG BAY
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code