Menu
angry at uk goverment
Nov 5, 2008 14:46
  • GEEBRENNAN
hi, my name is gee, im from n.ireland and have met a chinese 18 months ago from gz in china, i had planned to marry her when she came to the uk at x-mas, the british embassy in gz told me everything i need so she can get a settelment visa to come to n.ireland, from the beginning it was a night mare, all the documents they asked for were so much trouble to get, noone knew what i was talking about, even though it was the british embassy that asked for them, royal mail losing my registered garinteed 4 day post, home offise distroying my single cert, and so on, any way, i was due to recieve my single cert back from the chinese embassy in two week afer they put there stamp on it, and today, the british goverment has added new immigration rules, that under 21, cant apply for a visa, meaning, me and my g/f BOTH have to be over 21, as i am only 20, this now means the i have to wait another 6 months before i can apply again, and writing of the 7k i have sunk in to it so far... it was a very emotional day for me, but anyhow, i now plan to go to china in jan and get marryed to her in china, and sit in the british embassy ini gz with all the paper work i have up to date until she has her visa, after all, it was a british goverment body telling me to go to another british body who didnt know what i was talking about, so,
1: is this a good idea? (sitting like a spoilt child in the embassy in gz)
2:do you know of any other way?
3:how long it will take to get her a visa to uk?(after i marry her in china)
4:what all do i need to get married in china?(inc visa request)

im sorry if i sound like a moran, but as you can guess after all the trouble, and being so close, they tell me i have to wait, no warning, no reason , no nothing, its heart breaking to say the least. any help is more than i had before, so please, let me know,
thanks gerard
Nov 6, 2008 03:23
  • DODGER
Gerard, if it is any consolation; which it probably isn’t, you’ll find that most countries immigration department run the same way, with their very own way of thinking.
Unfortunately if you do arch up they will put you to the back of the queue as they have you by the short hairs.
Dodger.
Nov 9, 2008 10:06
  • APAULT
You definitely don't sound like a 'moran' nor a moron.... but maybe a little work on spelling or using a spell checker would be a good idea. Good luck with the applications...be patient, you cannot rush the public/civil service, but you can really piss them off and get worse outcomes.
Nov 20, 2008 10:27
  • JIMPANZY
If you need any advice on marrying in China Gee then please drop me a message. I have been through the marry process in China and am now going through the visa application process. The visa application process is far more difficult than getting married.
Nov 20, 2008 16:37
GUESTGEE hi, gee again, well as of now it is a waiting game, sunny went to the uk embassy in gz last week with the all the documents they requested, there is no reason as to why she cant get the visa, if they wanted 6 months bank statments, i sent a years worth, if they wanted payslips for £500 p/w i sent 700 p/w, it is real, its not a fake marrige, so i dont see any problems. i will let u know when i know more, wish me luck and say a prayer for us,
gee
Feb 24, 2013 02:20
GUEST35237 Hi,

Hi,

Am nigerian nationality,and my wife is chinese nationality,we living in china,I came to china with F visa,after marrriage changed to L visa and have extend two times already,first time 6month(2entries ),latest visa one month(0 entry),and my visa is going to expire by next month,please can I still renew/extend at the PSB? (Is it the PSB near us,or must go back to my wife hometown PSB)

***The place we are living is quite far away from my wife hometown...

Looking forward the suggestions,Thank you very much!
qq.com|447895088
Feb 24, 2013 09:12
  • APAULT
Answered u in another post u made....BUT do not expect ppl to reply outside TCG. We post replies HERE so everyone can benefit from it
Post a Reply to: angry at uk goverment
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code