Menu
Are you ready to watch Shanghai Masters Cup?
Nov 5, 2008 22:08
  • KATRINA
This Sunday, ATP Tennis Masters Cup will kick off in Shanghai. Though Nadal has withdrawn from this Cup, other top class tennis players such as Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Simon and Roddick will take part in and fight for the final champions. I am eager to watch these matches. What about you?

As far as I know, Masters Cup draw results have been unveiled. I am concerned about the single matches. Here are the draw results:

Red Group:
Roger Federer
Andy Murray
Andy Roddick
Gilles Simon

Gold Group:
Novak Djokovic
Nikolay Davydenko
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Juan Martin del Potro

If you look at the draw results carefully, you will find something interesting. In the Red Group, Murray, Roddick and Simon all defeated Federer this year. So it is the best time for Federer to take revenge. Roddick might be disappointed to be in the same group with Federer. Although he defeated Federer this year, he has already lost 11 times to Federer before. Do you think he can beat Federer this time?

In the Gold group, the fierce competition might happen between Djokovic and Tsonga, the champion and runner-up of 2008 Australia Open. I guess that Tsonga might win this time. You have seen his good performances in his previous matches. Djokovic seems not in form these days.

Who do you think will be the final champion?

Nov 10, 2008 19:21
  • KEVIN0518
Katrina, Federer didn't play as well as you imagined. Yesterday, he lost to Simon 6-4/4-6/3-6. Surprising? But Federer didn't seem to be annoyed by his failure. He said that he had thought this before. Last year, he lost his first match to Gonzalez but he finally won the champion. I am not sure if he can do this this year.

Simon has been playing well recently. He played with Federer two times this year and he won both matches. He has convinced those guys who have doubts about him. You know that he could come to Shanghai just because of Nadal's withdrawal.
Nov 11, 2008 20:55
  • KUNGFUPANDA
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is out because he has lost his first two matches. He has good excuses for his failure. After the first match, he said that the caddie didn't cooperate with him well. When he needed the towel, the caddie couldn't give to him immediately. Thus, he went to the caddie and asked for the towel. This drained away his strength. In the second match, he played well, serving 15 ACEs. However, he still lost. By the way, he didn't like the bananas offered by the organizing committee. Can't understand this. If he said that he didn't like that tangerines, I could understand him. Maybe, he has heard that Chinese tangerines have been affected by fruit flies.
Nov 12, 2008 19:56
  • KATRINA
Last night, I watched the match between Federer and Radek Stepanek. To be frank, it was not as exciting as I expected. Federer didn't play stably though he won that match finally. Stepanek played well. His serve was good. Although he was the substitute of Roddick, he played his match carefully and professionally.

When he was informed of substituting Roddick, he was in Thailand for holiday. After being informed, he flied to Shanghai directly from Thailand. He didn't have time to bring his own equipment. He bought the racket from Djokovic and socks from Murray. A little funny.

After losing to Federer, Stepanek had no chance to advance to the semi-finals. But Stepanek said that he would try his best to play against Simon. Good luck to him.

As for Federer, he has small window to advance to the semi-finals. He will fight Murray again. So far, Federer has met Murray three times and he lost all matches. Murray said that he would do his best to play against Federer. He knows that Federer would be a big trouble for him if he advanced to the semi-finals. It is better for him to eliminate Federer earlier.

Simon still have a chance to advance to the semi-finals as long as and he beats Stepanek and Federer loses to Murray.
Nov 14, 2008 00:57
  • KEVIN0518
Katrina, did you watch last night' matches? Djokovic lost to Tsonga but he had entered the semi-finals. Davydenko also advanced to the semi-finals after beating Del Potro.

Tonight's focus is the match between Federer and Murray. Federer has no choice if he wants to enter the semi-finals. As Katrina analysed, I am worried about Federer too. Based on his previous two matches, I don't think he can beat Murray tonight. Good luck to him. If Federer loses, he will make a record too. It will be the first time that he has been eliminated in the group match of Masters Cup.
Nov 17, 2008 00:21
  • KATRINA
ATP Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai has finished. Djokovic defeated Davydenko to be the champion. The result surprises me. Murray is believed to win the champion but he lost to Davydenko in the semi-finals. The match between Murray and Federer was fabulous. They played more than 3 hours and both sides tried their best to play the match. Although Federer suffed from the arm injury, he didn't give in and kept playing. However, he finally lost the match. Murray was happy to beat Federer. But he was exhausted. In the semi-finals, he was defeated by Davydenko by 2 to 0. I respect his professional ethics. If he chose not play against Federer seriously, he would keep his strength for the semi-finals. However, he didn't do this. He tried his best to beat Federer and succeeded. Good work, Murray!
Nov 17, 2008 19:40
  • KEVIN0518
Hehe, what a pity. Murray had the chance to win. He and Federer brought us an exciting match. I like this guy and he is promising.
Post a Reply to: Are you ready to watch Shanghai Masters Cup?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code