Menu
Stay or leave?
Nov 10, 2008 01:01
  • JIMMYB
Do you prefer to stay in big cities or small cities? Today, many young Chinese guys choose to stay in big cities after graduating in colleges though they don't earn good salaries. Most earn 2000 or 3000 more or less and their salaries just meet their living needs in big cities just like Beijing, Shanghai, Shengzhen etc. Excluding different kinds of expenditures, they almost have no savings. Why? They want to realize their dreams. However, if you have worked hardly for several years and found that your salary is still around two or three thousand, would you still choose to stay there?

After working two or three years, they need to think about their personal problem---marriage. Without stable economic foundation, they suffer a lot of pressure. So some of them go back to their hometown. But some still stay and struggle. Stay or leave? Suffering much pressure, which road should these young guys with low and medium income take? What do you think of this phenomenon in China?
Nov 10, 2008 19:55
  • KEVIN0518
If I were one of them, I would leave. Living in big cities causes much pressure on you. Why not go back home, find a job that meets your needs and enjoy your life?
Nov 11, 2008 01:00
  • LIZXLI
For me,I would like to stay in small town (like my hometown),and best of all have my own small business like running a small store.This kind of life is good for me.Living in a big city,entertainment is fine,so I once in a while will go to the big city for shopping something like that.
Nov 11, 2008 10:44
It is all very well going to a smaller town or city but the vacancies have to be there, this is one of the reasons I live in London, there is very little work back home in Burnham-on-Sea, the winter months it's like a ghost town!
Everyone I speak to in London think I'm mad to have moved there when Somerset is so beautiful.
Alan
Nov 11, 2008 21:09
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
If I were one of these guys in the city and not climbing the corporate latter, I would choose to move back closer to home to a small city. I was told by a friend living in China that jobs pay less than those jobs near the coast but that the salary meets the needs just the same as in the city. That said, I would move to a smaller city close to home and work there because it would be easier to network with a smaller population and find better opportunities there.
Nov 11, 2008 21:09
  • SHESGOTTOBE
People are different. I live in a small town/city. I didn't choose it because it is a small town. The good thing about it is that I can go anywhere if I want to and money is the same as any city. Honestly, that's the only thing I can think of the advantage of big cities, being the center of it all. But I like the peace and quiet I have. Fun, adventure, celebration, noise and such are great once in a while but I would go crazy if it is like that all the time.
Nov 12, 2008 08:01
  • LIONPOWER
I like to stay at big cities with high density population. Good for business.
Big cities one year sales greater than 20 years sales of small city.
Nov 12, 2008 19:27
  • KATRINA
Lion, you are an ambitious businessman. If I had millions of RMB, I would retire very earlier, find a quiet and beautiful place to enjoy my life.
Nov 14, 2008 09:22
  • LIONPOWER
Then , join with us.
Nov 15, 2008 02:58
  • LIZXLI
I think I am not ambitious,so I prefer to stay in a small town and go to the big city sometimes for shopping.
Nov 16, 2008 11:09
  • LIONPOWER
We are hopeful to get clients from small city.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Stay or leave?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code