Menu
Shenzhen - Salaries - Personal Assistant
Nov 12, 2008 08:45
guest94225 Hi there,

I am currently interviewing for a Personal Assistant position supporting the CEO and Owner of Company in Shenzhen. Can anyone advise me what the avergae monthly wage would be for a position like this? I have plenty of experience in corporate roles.
I need to negoiate a wage, any advise please would be great thanks!

Frances
Nov 13, 2008 03:14
  • AL32
I think that you will have to negociate with the CEO in question..hehe!
Is it a Chinese owned company or foreign company?
Are you fluent in Mandarin?
"plenty of experience in corporate role"....mmm! pretty vague; is this how you wrote it on your resume??

Really hard to answer your question... think about it this way: if you'd ask the same question about a job in your own country (because I assume that you are a foreigner looking to move to Shenzhen) you think that you could get a specific answer??

Anyway, all I can tell you is what I know; a 10 years experienced engineer can expect to get 8,000 to 12,000 RMB a month in China.
I'm not talking about an expat job, I'm talking same salary as a local resident. And it is also what a primary school foreign English teacher with minimal experience could expect to make as well.

So you can figure out from that...hopefully!
Nov 13, 2008 09:57
  • APAULT
A foreign primary school teacher earning 12,000 rmb a month? I know Shenzhen is a bit higher than most parts of China, but such salaries would be rare. In a government school I think 5000 rmb is a more likely figure. Private institutions might pay a thousand or two more. Asa university teacher near Guangzhou, I was on 7000, and that is near top of thge range. There are special cases of course with higher pay but they are rare
Post a Reply to: Shenzhen - Salaries - Personal Assistant
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code