Menu
The Harley-Davidson Facts
Nov 18, 2008 23:00
  • DODGER
At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles
The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson , died and went to heaven.
have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.'
Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, ' I want to hang out with God.'
St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.
God recognized Arthur and commented, 'Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle? '
Arthur said, 'Yeah, that's me...'
God commented: 'Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?'
Arthur was a bit embarrassed, but finally spoke, 'Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?'
God said, 'Ah, yes.'
'Well,' said Arthur, 'professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention !
1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end suspension
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds
3. Most rear ends are too soft and wobble about too much
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust
5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!
'Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there,' replied God, 'hold on.'
God went to his Celestial supercomputer, typed in a few words and waited for the results.
The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.
'Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed,' God said to Arthur, 'but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours'.
Dodger.
Nov 19, 2008 04:20
Dodger, it looks like you have the same joke as me, a good joke all the same.

Alan
Nov 19, 2008 14:37
  • GARYKINKADE
To Dodger and ALAN:
What magical joke book are you getting these from or do both of you just have good imaginations?
I'm jealous.
Oh well......
Nov 19, 2008 22:54
  • DODGER
Garry, I wish I could claim credit but my honesty (??) stops me.
I visit my old regiment’s site which has a joke section and of course my rugby club site.
It’s cheaper than going to a shrink, which reminds me of the following story;
Ever since I was a child I’ve always had a fear of someone or something under my bed at night. So I finally went along to see a Shrink.
'I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy.'
'Just put yourself in my hands for one year,' said the shrink. 'Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears.'
'How much do you charge?'
'Eighty pounds per visit,' replied the doctor.
'I'll sleep on it,' I said.
Six months later the doctor met me on the street. 'Why didn't you ever come to see me about those fears you were having?' he asked.
'Well, eighty quid a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money! A barman cured me for $10. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new car”
'Is that so! With an attitude he asked . . . and how, may I ask, did a barman cure you?'
'He told me to cut the legs off the bed! - Ain't nobody under there now ! ! !
Dodger.
Nov 20, 2008 10:09
As Frank Carson say's " it's a cracker "
I thought as much Dodger, yours are from the rugby site and mine are from the Rovers forum.
Alan
Post a Reply to: The Harley-Davidson Facts
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code