Menu
My first trip to SW China, help please!
Nov 22, 2008 02:42
  • JOHND
I am going to China in Jan-Feb and I would like some travel tips that will help me save some money. I will be flying into Hong Kong and two days later I would like to go to Guilin. What is the cheapest way to accomplish that? When I look online, the flights are around 300 USD, no thanks. After Guilin and surrounding towns I am heading to Kunming, again, what is the cheapest way to do this? From Kunming I am going to hit Dongchuan, Yuanyang, then off to Lijiang. From what I have heard you can fly to Lijiang for only 30 USD, is this rumor true? Does anyone have experience with this? Any tips and cost-saving pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks all.
Oh yeah, does anyone know any decent yet cheap hotels in HK that can be booked online, thanks again!
Nov 22, 2008 03:37
  • ELLYSE
Cross the border to Shenzhen and get an overnight sleeper bus to Guilin/Yangshuo: http://www.yangers.com/Shenzhen_to_Yangshuo.htm --> this would cost you even less than 300 RMB!
Guilin -- Kunming do it by overnight train.
Kunming -- Lijiang can be done by overnight sleeper bus for less than 200 RMB ie less than 30 USD.
"Cheap" is relative, really. For Hong Kong accommodation, if you don't mind the space constraints, try Cosmic Guesthouse, Dragon Hostel, Garden Hostel etc. Google for their websites.
Nov 23, 2008 08:46
  • JOSHIRV57
I hate to tell you this.EllYSE,the prices you quote,are a little cheap.It cost more than that to travel from Guangzhou,on the train and bus for two people.
Nov 24, 2008 02:40
GUEST31913 what is the most recent quote? I don't think i would ever be in guangzhou, though, isn't that a bit more north?
Nov 24, 2008 19:44
  • ELLYSE
Joshirv57: Are you plain stupid, or did you just not read properly? Where did I ever say that the prices I quoted are for 2 people? The question never mentioned anything about travelling as a group of two either.
Bus Guangzhou -- Yangshuo costs 140 RMB. The most expensive kind of express sleeper bus for Shenzhen -- Yangshuo is 250 RMB. Both are well below 300 RMB!
Kunming -- Lijiang on the best seater buses cost 196 RMB, on the best overnight sleeper buses cost 189 RMB.
Nov 25, 2008 02:13
GUEST31913 dang, she stuck it to you hard!!
Thanks so much for the help ellyse, i sincerly appreciate it.
-johnd
Nov 27, 2008 07:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey Ellyse,

These guys give you are hard time for nothing. Not reading all the details????

JOSHIRV57 must have been going from Guangzhou to the moon .................Oh he didn't mention from where...........................

Bit hard to make a comparison when we've no idea what to base it on................

Dec 2, 2008 07:39
  • JOSHIRV57
I quoted the price we paid for two people. And by the way, Watch Your Mouth,with the name calling.
Dec 3, 2008 11:57
  • ELLYSE
You think it makes sense to compare the price that I quoted for ONE traveller, to yours for TWO travellers? Geez, talk about stupidity.
Dec 5, 2008 00:30
  • HRFZ
want to have a trip from shaghai to Jinhua City (Zhejiang Provice) via train and stay for one day and then travel back to shanghai via train.

Please kindly advice me how long time is the distance between shanghai to Zhejiang (Jinhua City)?
How much this travel by train cost?

harfaz
Dec 5, 2008 09:49
  • ELLYSE
Journey time ranges between 2.5 to 6 hours each way. However most trains take 4.5-5 hours, so you should base your calculations on that.
Cheapest hard seat costs 26 RMB, most expensive 1st-class D train costs 134 RMB.
Post a Reply to: My first trip to SW China, help please!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code