Menu
Info on Macau
Nov 24, 2008 00:21
guestMacBound Dear all,

Im planning to travel to Macau next month & will be spending about a week there. Appreciate some info on:

1) What's the best & cheapest way to get from Macau airport to Hou Kong Hotel - Macau Downtown? I got a couple of luggage to lug around :)

2) What's the ferry fare & travel time to get to Hong Kong?

3) If I only had one day to explore, which city would you recommend -- Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai?

4) Whats the best way to get around Macau -- eg is bicycle rental available?

Any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Nov 24, 2008 19:45
  • ELLYSE
2) There're 3 service providers running this route. Do you want to go to Hong Kong airport, Hong Kong island, or Kowloon?
3) Probably Guangzhou.
4) On foot?
Dec 13, 2008 09:38
  • JABAROOTOO
I'd opt for Zhuhai but do your homework first. Read some of the reviews here. Macau is very tourist user friendly with lots of information easily accessable

google 'macau tourism' they have a pretty comprehensive website and you can pick up brochures from all ports of entry. you can even download a map if you have a pocket PC that helps you locate hotels, restaurants and sites of interest and bus routes.

Taxi or bus for longer rides. Taxi, bus or walking around the downtown area. It's not big and the places of interest are all grouped in small areas. The tourist office has walking maps with information for self guided walks

Hire a bicycle and walking is best on Taipa and catch the bus and walk on Coloane which is a little hilly but has some good hiking
Post a Reply to: Info on Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code