Menu
How to get from Lhasa to Haikou?
Nov 27, 2008 00:55
guest57155 I am backpacking and planning to go to Haikou from Lhasa. Would like to find out:
1) Is it a lot more expensive if i take a flight to chengdu then to haikou as compared to taking a train and ferry?
2) How long does the train ride take, which route should we take and where can we board the ferry to haikou?
3) Any scenic places to stop by along the way to haikou by train? Train ride is comfortable?
Nov 27, 2008 07:29
  • JABAROOTOO
1) Is it a lot more expensive if i take a flight to chengdu then to haikou as compared to taking a train and ferry?

Yes it is much more expensive to fly and there are no direct flights to Haikou.

Use the tabs at the top of the page to research flights and train routes. Use in conjunction with the maps and you can get a pretty good idea of how you might go.

Trains are comfortable, especially soft sleeper but compare prices with domestic flights as they are sometimes similar. You may get cheap flights from Chengdu to Haikou, if you are lucky but not likely

Get a map and map use this site http://www.maps-of-china.net/ and check out what is on the way

Train from Lhasa goes through Lanzhou before turning south through Xian, Chengdu to Guangzhou or can go east Via Zhengzhou then south into Guangzhou and the train will cross the ferry to Haikou. I think it leaves from Zhanjiang

You'll see more by train of course but it takes much longer. Alla the times are available when you search the above mentioned links at top of this page
Nov 27, 2008 10:20
  • ELLYSE
1) Definitely.
2) Most straightforward route would be to take train Lhasa -- Guangzhou, then another train Guangzhou -- Haikou.
Nov 30, 2008 04:57
GUEST57157 Thanks fo the replies! Was wondering whether there are any scenic/ interesting places along the train route to Haikou in December cause i don't think i'll survive the long train ride without a stopover somewhere...
Post a Reply to: How to get from Lhasa to Haikou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code