Menu
travel kathmandu lhasa beijing
Nov 27, 2008 14:57
guest35232 hello, i am an irish citzen and i want to travel from kathmandu to lhasa then on to beijing by train or plane. i know i need to get a seperate visa to into tibet as well as a visa to travel in china but how easy or difficult is it to obtain a visa to china if i am entering the china from tibet? also shud i get my visa to go to china before i go to tibet or will i wait until i get to lhasa and if so how long does it take to get a chinese visa in lhasa. thankyou
Dec 13, 2008 09:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Would recommend you apply for all your visas before leaving Ireland. No guarantee you will get them on arrival.

Ask at the Chinese Embassy but you may still require the special Tibet Travel Permit to enter Tibet although the requirement was removed before the recent 'trouble' but also most likely only applied if you had a current Chinese visa and were entering from China proper.

Get as much information from the Chinese Embassy where you will be applying for your Chinese visa. They will require a brief outline of your itinerary so make it clear that you wish to travel across Tibet and into China proper. Specify which port of Entry to Tibet that you plan to use.

You may get a little more information here but it could also be hearsay. Get the information directly from the Chinese Embassy
Dec 15, 2008 07:52
GUEST35232 thank you very much i will do that so :)
Post a Reply to: travel kathmandu lhasa beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code