Menu
Chinese Proverb Help
Nov 30, 2008 18:16
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

I have this friend who I had met a few months ago. After a few conversations she had said something to me that I wont forget, mainly since I have to travel for work for the next two months. She had said "Slow Eatting, Slow Walking, Fast Working"

Since our professional lives have taken us both somewhere else but still say hello here and there, the fondness of the time that we have known each other that this proverb has really stuck with me. I have heard many of these proverbs in my life in my own family but none of them has really worked for me like this one, mainly because I am not flying down the pacific coast freeway @105mph in the company rental with a chicken wrap in my hand. Now, I obey the speed limit which has given some enjoyment to see the coast scenes while driving and driving slow enough to see some great establishments that I would stop and have a meal instead of my old way of doing things on a business trip, a liking to taking things slow.

Have any of you heard this proverb before "Slow Eating, Slow Walking, Fast Working"? and if so, could you post a pinyin and proper translation? and possibly your take on this translation? even if it may seem straight forward.

Also, if you ever heard this ancient proverb "Your neighbor's wife looks prettier than your own." Haha, Take care everybody, I will be traveling for 2 months and my Blackberry doesn't allow TCG.
Dec 1, 2008 12:10
  • MARS
slow eating : man dian chi,
slow walking: man dian zou,
fast working: kuai su gong zuo or kuai dian gong zuo

sometimes it means slow the things u are doing down. for this proverb, you could simply think that it means enjoy the food and scenery, but u could be fast and effective when you get into the work.
Dec 4, 2008 23:11
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Is this it?
曼点吃
曼点走
快速工做
Dec 7, 2008 00:53
GUEST35744 horio!
Post a Reply to: Chinese Proverb Help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code