Menu
If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
Dec 2, 2008 03:27
  • ZOEY
The world economies are in recession now. So are the stock markets. Yesterday, Asian and European markets both fell down. Now "winter" has come. I am thinking when spring comes.

"If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" It is said by P. B. Shelley. But I hope that winter can go away as quickly as possible. Do you think how long the winter will last?
Dec 2, 2008 14:27
  • GRIZ326
My guess is 18 to 24 months before "we see light at the end of the tunnel."

Oh...I guess I've mixed metaphors....

How 'bout....

18 to 24 months before the first crocus break through the snow.
Dec 3, 2008 03:42
GUEST5257 Hard to tell. Maybe, this winter will stay longer, hehe.
Dec 5, 2008 21:34
  • COOLSPRINGS
Who knows. The layoff and termination program is said to have been set up and will be implemented mid-point of next year. The maturity of majority debts in the book is most subsequent to 2010. I guess the world wide economy will be restructured during this crisis and after this crisis. So if you are idle in your cubicle, try to create work load for your self to keep busy.
Mar 8, 2010 07:00
GUEST11179 If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
Yes, spring can be far behind because winter is cold and when winter and spring will combine together the flowers in the spring will not grow very well because of the coldness of the ice in the weather winter.
Jul 17, 2011 12:14
GUEST86141 "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?"

It means nothing stays forever in the life of a human-being, neither sorrow nor happiness .. if sorrow comes it will pass soon - because time is the best medicine..:)....

be happy spread love and happiness.
Jul 18, 2011 09:11
GUEST19140 This recession is like no other. Why? it shows signs of facts never before happened in a recession. Things like rising prices of fuel and everything connected to energy.

Brace yourself for more of the same, for at least 3 more years.
Aug 15, 2011 09:55
GUEST35183 this lines means that if winter is approching and everything is dying then there is spring season ahead
Apr 23, 2013 09:22
GUEST77964 The line is an epitome of optimism. Though for the present the cold winter be the ruler all around, yet the very approach of winter means the impending arrival of the spring season soon after win­ter. Winter must at last come to an end. It must be followed by the colorful spring which brings colorful flowers and bird’s sweet songs. After all, the circle of seasons must continue moving unhindered.
Jul 27, 2013 17:46
GUEST81251 Through-out the darkness of winter one can look forward to the spring which will bring an abudance of light, along with new beginnings, births and new hope while also, under the warmth of sunshining sky new resolves
may be formed.
Post a Reply to: If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code