Menu
Sightseeing companion wanted in Beijing.
Dec 5, 2008 13:18
guest23692 I will be in china for a month from 19/12 starting in Beijing. Anyone interested in meeting up for days out to the Summer Palace, Great Wall of China etc. ?

I am a 41 year old Englishman travelling alone who can't speak a word of chinese but i have a chinese phrase book !!!! Oh yes, and a sense of humour.
I am interested in walking, culture and culinary.

Male or female, singles or groups, i am pretty easy going really.
Contact gary at fsmail.net|garybu if you want to talk some more.
If not, thanks anyway for taking the time to read this.
Dec 7, 2008 22:33
  • GERRY3999
There is an English school - private company called English First. These students are studying English and if you make contact with the school directly (they have more than one campus), and ask them to post your request on their bulletin board, you may find more than one student who would like the chance to practice English with you.
Here is the main homepage.
http://www.ef.com.cn/englishfirst/cities/beijing.aspx?lng=en

As the students will have mobile phones, they can send text messages, but if you give them an e-mail address it will be much easier to communicate to set up your plan.

Phrase books are good, but in Beijing, many businesses have well spoken English staff, or at least staff that are capable of meeting your basic needs. The attractions are offered in many languages and that will not be any issue for you.

I hope this helps with your trip.

Dec 8, 2008 04:47
GUESTGARY01 Thanks Gerry. A good suggestion. Cheers . Gary.
Post a Reply to: Sightseeing companion wanted in Beijing.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code