Menu
Moving to Beijing
Dec 7, 2008 23:29
Hi everyone, i've made the decision to move to Beijing next term. There seems to be quite a bit of employment for English teachers but i don't know enough about the districts. I'm being offered work everywhere. Any suggestions about the area to live and work in? I've been in isolation from other foreigners for a while. I'd like access to an expat community but firm links with the Chinese.
Dec 23, 2008 21:29
GUEST60132 you can go to CBD where there are lots of foreign companies locating and most of employees of these companies are desire to improve their English level, therefore, most of english train school are located in this area. I think you can find a teaching job at these training school.
Jan 14, 2009 03:11
  • HJLOVEHJ
youll easily get teaching job in beijing.
chaoyang district is business district ,
haidian is education district lots universities located there.
Jan 19, 2009 02:18
  • LEMONCACTUS
I live and work in Haidian, it's a good part of the city, the "university" district, but also has private language schools etc. Very, very easy to get private tutoring work as well. Be aware though that it's a good distance from the centre in terms of time, so say, 40 minutes to Tiananmen via the underground...buses usually slower.

Sanlitun, the "expat area", is in chaoyang but all expats are scattered around BJ and its easy enough to hook up with them at your teaching establishment or through visiting clubs, cafes and bars etc.

www.thebeijinger.com is a good place to go to learn a lot more, check out jobs and information. They also have forums, the posters can be helpful if they're in the right mood.
Post a Reply to: Moving to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code