Menu
Shanghai train ticket bookings
Dec 8, 2008 09:15
  • YUANZHOULV
Hi,
Couple of unrelated questions actually:

1. I'm reaching Shanghai on 23-dec and leaving 15-dec. Other than spending 1-2 days in Shanghai quickly seeing the city I'm planning to travel by train to Chengdu, Chongqing or Kunming and explore from there (haven't decided yet). How difficult is it to get train tickets around this time of the year? (I'm not particular on the class of the ticket; I can sit 40 hours in a seat if I have to, I've sat all the way from Xinjiang before, I just don't want a 站票 haha) Are there any recommendations on honest travel agencies in Shanghai that could help before I arrive in getting tickets?

2. Is it possible to rent a touring bicycle (i.e. good condition with some basic tools and spare tubes) for long-distance travel in Chengdu or Chongqing? Do buses accept bicycles on-board in the Sichuan area, even if at an extra cost (in case a particular stretch is particularly difficult, harsh or snowed out in winter)

3. Although I have a lot a lot of experience riding pedal bicycles, I've never drove a motorcycle before. Is this an option for foreigners, and if so, how easy is it to learn and rent one and overall deal with touring with it?
Dec 8, 2008 20:13
  • ELLYSE
Arrive on 23/12 and leaving on 15/12? I think you mean 15/1, don't you?
1) I should be able to help you get train tickets. Email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg YuanzhouLv) in the subject line, thanks.
Dec 13, 2008 09:41
  • YUANZHOULV
I sent an e-mail a few days ago -- let me know if you're still available to help with train tickets (or know any companies that do this). Thanks!
Post a Reply to: Shanghai train ticket bookings
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code