Menu
Who will be the first Chinese Nobel Laureate?
Dec 12, 2008 02:54
  • SUMMERSNOW
This year’s Nobel Chemistry Prize was awarded to Chinese American Scientist Roger Yonchien Tsien (Qian Yongjian, 钱永健). He was the nephew of the China’s nuclear forefather Qian Xuesen(钱学森). It’s a century-old dream for Chinese people to claim the Nobel Prize. Unfortunately, the dream was never fulfilled. All the Chinese American noble laureates claimed the prize after they took US citizenship. Why couldn’t the scientists in China’s homeland win the Noble Prize? When will the dream come true? Who will the first Chinese Nobel Laureate?

Dec 12, 2008 02:55
  • SUMMERSNOW
Chinese American scientist: Roger Yonchien Tsien

Dec 12, 2008 07:47
  • CARLOS
I think Hu Jia will be the first. He will have the peace prize. He already was a candidate for this years prize, but this time it went to Martti Ahtisaari.
Whether he deserves it or not, I don´t comment for that.

Carlos
Dec 30, 2008 04:53
GUESTHEM I am sure countries in the West especially USA and European Union will not encourage the Nobel foundation to award any Nobel Prize to China. Instead these western countries will honour hypocrites such as former Japan PM Sato (who asked the US to bomb China with nuclear weapons) and Dalai Lama who instigated Tibetans to riot and kill civilians in China - these so-called Nobel prize winners for peace have violence in theirs hearts for Chinese people. And the Nobel Prize is NO LONGER an award to be coveted - they stand for hypocrisy.
Post a Reply to: Who will be the first Chinese Nobel Laureate?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code