Menu
Travelling From UK
Apr 9, 2004 14:00
  • JOAN02
Hi,
I will be travelling from the UK to Honk Kong and Shenzhen in Febuary/March.
Can you please let me know what are the visa/travel documents requirements for a UK passport ?

How do you recommend I travel from HK to Shenzhen ?

I dont speak any Mandarin/Cantonese so how hard will it b to get around in Honk Kong and Shenzhen ?

Thanks
Apr 9, 2004 14:01
  • ANGEL
You should apply an entry visa for Hong Kong, though you have the UK passport.

Guidance Notes Application for an Entry Visa for Hong Kong

General
1. If you wish to enter Hong Kong for employment, investment, education, training or residence and you are not a person who has the right of abode or right to land in Hong Kong, you must obtain an entry visa before coming to Hong Kong. To apply for such a visa, you should complete an application form (ID 812) or new form ID(E)936A in block letters with your photograph affixed on it and send it to a sponsor in Hong Kong with:
(1) photocopies of your travel document containing your personal particulars, its date of issue, date of expiry, details of any re-entry visa held(if applicable)
(2) 1 additional identical photograph of yourself; and
(3) the documents and information required in paragraphs 7,8,10 or 11 below; and a sponsorship form for employment (ID 428B), education (ID 428D) or residence (ID 428A) as appropriate.
2. Your sponsor may submit the application, together with the required documents and a copy of his/her Hong Kong identity card, to the Hong Kong Immigration Department by post or in person to the following address:
Hong Kong Immigration Department,
Receipt and Despatch Unit,2/F,
Immigration Tower,7 goucester Road,
Wan Chai ,Hong Kong
If your sponsor wants us to acknowledge receipt of the application, please ensure that a self-addressed acknowledgement card (ID 813) is also submitted.
3. You may also send your application directly to the Hong Kong Immigration Department at the above address.
4. Application forms, sponsorship forms and acknowledgement cards are obtainable from the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
5. Additional information is required for each type of the application. Please see paragraphs 7,8,10 or 11 as appropriate for details.
6. If your application is successful, an entry visa will be issued to your sponsor who will be asked to arrange for it to be sent to you. You must present this visa together with your passport or travel document to the immigration officer upon your arrival in Hong Kong.

http://www.info.gov.hk/immd (Click Topical Information / HK Visa)
Immigration Department
Hong Kong
Notice: Countries that Grant Visa-free Access to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport Holders
Apr 9, 2004 14:03
  • EMILY
Reply from Hong Kong.
You will find it's easy to get around in Hong Kong even you don't speak Chinese. However, in Shezhen,you will have some trouble to get around. You might need a translator or a guide service, but be caution to find a good one. I always take train to go to Shenzen from Hong Kong. Taxi is my favourite transportation in Shenzhen, because it's cheap and safe. Good luck.
Apr 9, 2004 14:10
  • ANGEL
This page on the web includes all details.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm#basic
Apr 23, 2004 17:42
  • SUKIK
Go to the Embassy in London, take your passport, money for the visa and they should sort it out for you. Chinese Embassy
49-51 Portland Place
London W1N 4JL.
Tel: 0870 005 6708
love suki
Post a Reply to: Travelling From UK
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code