Menu
Taiwan-China new relationship
Dec 22, 2008 21:12
  • CANADAGUY
I am a little surprised not to see any stories here on China's new relationship that's been developing with Taiwan recently.

It has to be a win-win situation for both parties.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/12/15/taiwan-china.html

(As always, to read the story, remove all the spaces that have been inserted in the address and then paste it into your browser's address bar).
Dec 22, 2008 21:44
  • MARRIE
We are helping with their static economy. The place is nothing more than a millitary strategic area. They belong to Great Chinese Area and most of thier ancestors are from Mainland Fu Jian province.
Dec 23, 2008 21:21
  • CANADAGUY
>>We are helping with their static economy. The place is nothing more than a millitary strategic area. They belong to Great Chinese Area and most of thier ancestors are from Mainland Fu Jian province.<<

Marrie, it sounds like you are quoting the official government line (PRC) with respect to
Taiwan.

Taiwan's economy is far from "static".

Let's compare a few countries' GDP per capita to shed some light on this:

U.S. 45,725
Canada 38,614
Taiwan 30,322
China PRC 5,325

A GDP per capita of 30,322 is very impressive in this day and age, would you not agree?
Dec 23, 2008 21:50
GUEST18186 I have got friend who used to travel there and I have neighbors who used to live in Tai Zhong , they have no good comments on there - a wild, illogical place with lots of noise except Tai Bei is just so so.
Post a Reply to: Taiwan-China new relationship
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code