Menu
Christmas gift for a girl in Shanghai
Dec 23, 2008 19:56
  • GEARBOX
I have a friend in Shanghai who I would like to get a gift for Christmas. She is in her mid twenties and not sure what she would like. I have to ship it from the US so nothing too large or breakable. Anything special that we have here that would make someones day in China? Thanks for the help.
Dec 24, 2008 01:13
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey Gearbox,

Nothing beats a gift for a woman that is not readily available in China such as luxury perfume. I sent a 2.7 oz set of Nina (By Nina Rici) to my friend in Guangzhou for her birthday and she raves about how unique the scent is compared to what everybody else is wearing. If you like the idea, I would hit up the nearest Sephora in your area. I wouldn't try sending the same bottle as mine since that perfume is more of a "fall" scent since it is winter now.

Danny
Dec 24, 2008 10:08
  • GEARBOX
Thanks Danny, great idea, and don't worry, there will not be two girls in Shanghai smelling the same lol. So I guess a bottle of Chanel wouldn't be a good idea since I did see a lot of Chanel stores last time in China? Or would it be better since they would know it and I did notice the lofty prices they get for a bottle in Shanghai? Thanks again.
Dec 24, 2008 11:44
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Well, it depends on the effect that you want. I think its very easy for anyone to blow a bunch of money on a famous brand of perfume, which is good if you want her to know it was expensive or you could send her a unique perfume by a lesser known brand. Nina Ricci, is not as well known as Chanel or Dior but in pricing, it was almost all the same give or take 10 dollars depending on the different size sets they have by the more well known brands.

There is also personality to consider as well. If your friend is quite fashionable, than perhaps a much more expensive and well known brand would suit her better since there is no point in sending a gift she will not use. But if she is simple, than something like the one I sent would work great.

I didn't have to do much research or time finding a unique fragrance, a girl friend of mine once wore this scent and that is where I got the idea to send perfume. But if you decide to send perfume, the brand that I sent is quite good or I would suggest going to your nearest Sephora and asking them for a suggestion. Oh and please learn from my mistake, do not buy a 2.7 oz set. A 1oz or 1.7oz is the best size because anything over 2.7oz is overkill and she will hate it before she finishes it.

Also, Sephora website is running a fantastic deal right now. If you spend over 50 bucks (common, if you buy a 1.7oz perfume) than you can get free shipping, you can also choose three free name brand perfume samples (about 0.01oz to 0.06oz) as well as free gift wrapping that will include a personalized message written by you that they will print on a Sephora gift card. Pretty good deal, not sure if its available at retail locations. Or, if you live outside the US (where they may not ship) than if you fly a lot (like me) than there are Sephora locations at most airports in the duty free zones.

Goodluck!
Dec 14, 2009 15:40
GUESTSAHIBAA... hi All!

Its my first forum im new online user!

Lets talk about Christmas presents!
What you will give to your guy?
Lets share good gift ideas!
Dec 15, 2009 04:18
GUESTAMMY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARBOX

I have a friend in Shanghai who I would like to get a gift for Christmas. She is in her mid twenties and not sure what she would like. I have to ship it from the US so nothing too large or breakable. Anything special that we have here that would make someones day in China? Thanks for the help.

A DIAMOND IS FOREVER. GET HER A DEBEERS DIAMOND JEWELERY
Post a Reply to: Christmas gift for a girl in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code