Menu
World's most dangerous hike - Mt Hua
Dec 26, 2008 23:59
  • LIMP33
So I quit my job the other day and thanks to the financial crisis, I'm unlikely to score another job with my desired salary any time soon. Since I've just left university and don't want to go back to study, thought I'd do some traveling. A friend typed "World's most dangerous hike" into google while we were brain storming ideas for my holiday, all of the top 3 results point to Hua Shan(Mt Hua).
So here I am, posting here to find out more about Mt Hua, has anyone here been there or planning to go? I also found out that Mt Hua is only a couple of hours drive from the terracotta soldiers, which is a huge bonus.
Dec 27, 2008 03:32
GUEST28196 Hi, we went to Hua Shan a couple of years ago during the winter. It was snowy and cold so we didn't attempt the hike, although there seemed to be a number of people doing it. There is a cable car to take you up to the North Peak so there are quite a few tourists around, as usual in China. Spectacular scenery. Though keep in mind that this is one of the Holy Mountains of China so there are temples and monasteries dotted around. Not exactly mountain climbing if this is what you are after. It is easy to get to from Xian, private minibuses leave from outside the railway station (about two hours but you may have to wait for the bus to fill up), while a bus station East of the City walls have buses running on schedule. You can also take the train.
Dec 28, 2008 16:44
  • WCTMAN
How dangerous can it be? The local guys will be wearing suits and dress shoes and some of the women will be wearing heels. Mt. Hua is paved all the way up.
Dec 29, 2008 22:24
GUEST33195 Is it really that easy? I did some search on youtube and google, there's one section that's pretty insane, they chipped little holes in the cliff, and you have to walk across them, I mean sure there's harness, but I'd still be crapping myself. Maybe there's the advanced trail and beginner's trail, can anyone confirm please. I'd like to visit too, if it is indeed as scarry as the youtube video.
Post a Reply to: World's most dangerous hike - Mt Hua
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code