Menu
Need short term visa
Dec 29, 2008 22:07
  • HYLE
Hi!

I am in Wuxi moving to Nanjing next month. So, my residence is changing, but I do not have my new Nanjing apartment yet. I am married to a Chinese.

Because my visa (residence permit) expires in mid February and because of the the holidays, I will not be getting a new work visa immediately.

So, how can I get a temporary visa for 1-3 months? (Until I can get a new work visa through my new employer) Where do I go? What do I ask for? Cost?

Yhanks for any help or advice.
Dec 30, 2008 07:06
  • APAULT
You should be able to get a tourist (L) visa in nanning at the PSB, at the office handling visas, not all offices hanldle visas. Leave the application as late as possible (even the last day, but make sure you have ALL the necessary paperwork including one photo, photocopy of your passport photo page and visa residency page, proof of having registered with the police where you live on the day of the application, and the passport itself) as any unexpired portion of your residency permit will be forfeited. You should apply for the maximum length that you can get, possibly seeking double or multiple entry. Both of these points cover contingencies. However you might not get what you ask for, perhaps a single entry (which means it is imemdiately used up, not one more) for one one. If you are forced to apply for another it will quite possibly be for just one week. The alternative approach is to leave the mainland and apply. Hong Kong is a favourite but you are in the north so maybe S Korea is a possibility for you.

The cost varies according to nationality, duration of visa, number of re-entries, how fast you want the application processed and whether you apply on the mainland or elsewhere. I forget the price range, but I think from 200 rmb, though Americans have a fixed price of around 1000 rmb I think. You can check the various fees when you apply and you pay on collection.
Post a Reply to: Need short term visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code