Menu
Visiting Kunming China for 9 days
Dec 31, 2008 00:45
  • IAMCHICITY
Hello,

My brother, cousin, and I are visiting Kunming for the 1st time. We plan to stay for 9 days. From 2-07-09 through 2-16-09. We can speak limited Chinese, we dont have any friends there, and we are completely clueless. We are looking to budget but not super budget. We are male, between the ages of 21-26. We just want a memorable trip.

I love the night life and i would like to know if there are any great hip-hop clubs/pubs in the Kunming location. If possible, provide the name/location of the club/pub. What time do clubs usually start and what time do clubs usually end?

My cousin is real fashion guru and we would love to shop at some real cool places that are bape/bbc related. We would also like to shop at some places that are boutique like. Places where the brand name isn't really commercialized and prices aren't very high end.

My brother loves to play video games and loves electronics. I know places like hong kong and taiwan have special streets where the entire streets sell electronics and video games. I was wondering if there are places like this in Kunming.

I, my self, LOVE to eat. Are there any honorable mentions where i can get some amazing food without paying an arm and a leg.

Are there any night markets in Kunming? If so, which ones are worth checking out? What time do they usually start and end?

I know these are a lot of questions to answer. Sorry for the headache and an advance thanks for the help! If there are additional suggestions, please do provide them. We are pretty open minded. Only things we're not interested in are sight seeing and visiting rural places. Thank you!
Dec 31, 2008 01:56
  • BSJJING
I was really wanna help you, but I was not in Shanghai & Kunming
So just hope you will have a great new year trip.
Dec 31, 2008 03:21
  • IAMCHICITY
i will be in tokyo and hong kong prior the shanghai visit. cheers!
Jan 1, 2009 04:12
  • ELLYSE
Price is relative. I don't know what you mean by "paying an arm and a leg", too vague. (No, I don't have a problem with understanding English as a language!)
You might want to check out The Hump Guesthouse for some nightlife, it's right in the centre of town.
Jan 1, 2009 05:07
GUESTIAMCHICITY my mom owns a house in kunming. so we're pretty much accommodated. i figured id seek for some personal suggestions from kunming natives or whoever's been there often.
Jan 1, 2009 05:08
  • IAMCHICITY
my mom owns a house in kunming. so we're pretty much accommodated. i figured id seek for some personal suggestions from kunming natives or whoever's been there often.
Jan 2, 2009 08:15
  • ELLYSE
I suggested the Hump not as an accommodation option, but nightlife.
Post a Reply to: Visiting Kunming China for 9 days
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code