Menu
Stories behind terra cotta warriors
Feb 14, 2005 00:33
  • MERMAID
On the weapons in the terra cotta army some Chinese characters were engraved. Due to researchers, they were names and the one appeared most was “Prime Minister Lv Bu Wei”. In the book Lv Shi Chun Qiu on Qin’s history by Lv Bu Wei, it was said potters should engrave their names on wares they made.

As the Prime Minister, Lv Bu Wei was the CEO of the weapon factory, under him, there were factory directors, then person in charge of a workshop and then workers. We dont kno the details of management but we do kno the Qin Law was extremely strict. Through these cold bronze wares, we seem to kno destinations of some ordinary people of that age.

In these factories, people got to work life-long. How did they spend time there we dont kno but I guess it would not be easy for them and for their family.

The terra cottas are from two parts: one from the official factories and others from ordinary people, therefore, the quality differs. Isnt it amazing? There are no twins of warriors or there were no twins at all at that age?

Hope you will like this birthday gift!
Feb 14, 2005 02:06
  • ELCABRON
Hey Mermaid,

thanks a lot!

I?e seen a report about this topic on CCTV international. It? really interesting!
Feb 14, 2005 08:54
  • MERMAID
u r right. I found these material and wanted to share them with my brother but he said this was shown on TV. I thought it might be new to u...

Oops...
Feb 14, 2005 17:45
  • ELCABRON
Thanks,

it is still interesting!
Sep 27, 2007 22:34
  • CONNY129
it's majestic and amazing, no one will forget it after you see it.

Post a Reply to: Stories behind terra cotta warriors
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code