Menu
Are you going to "Freedom Institute"?
Jan 5, 2009 02:45
  • LEOPOLD219
This news is outdated but sounds very interesting. George Bush, the president of the USA, is going to build a presidential library and open a "Freedom Institute" to promote democracy in his hometown Texas. As for the teachers, he will probably invite the national leaders of other countries, such as Tony Blair, Mikhail Saakashvili (the president of Georgia) and Jose Maria Aznar, former Prime Minister of Spain.

Do you have interest in getting into the "Freedom Institute"?
Jan 5, 2009 11:35
  • APAULT
If George Double You is organising it -e no interest whatsoever: he is hardly the epitomy of democracy is he? (Just remember the cheating in Florida that got him elected, remember the suspension of human rights at Guantanamo Bay contrary to the constitution, think about the possibilities of a poor person getting elected, think about the lies about weapons of mass destruction).

Unfortunately, the new president will have these millstiones around his neck: it will take a long time for Bush's abuse of power to be forgotton.
Jan 5, 2009 20:33
  • KATRINA
I won't go there. My English is poor. If I go to "Freedom Institute", my English might be poorer.
Jan 6, 2009 05:47
  • CARLOS
Heh, Katrina, as I understood W himself would not open his mouth. Tony instead speaks, as I understand correct, quite good English. Hes speaking sound to my ear quite same as Margaret Thatcher´s.

Carlos
Jan 6, 2009 18:55
  • KATRINA
That is good, Carlos. Tony does speak good British English. Bush might know that he speaks poor English. That's why he invites some former foreign leaders to give speeches. By the way, it seems that giving speeches is a good way for those retired national leaders to make money. Tony Blair has earned a lot of money by giving speeches. So does Bill Clinton.
Jan 6, 2009 22:11
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Er... no.... sounds boring. There are so many interesting places in this world.
Jan 11, 2009 21:21
  • JIMMYB
Tony Blair, Mikhail Saakashvili and Jose Maria Aznar?

I am not familiar with Jose Maria Aznar. But you can see that Bush just invites some former leaders who once had good relationship with the US. Wait! I am afraid that Bush shouldn't invite Mikhail Saakashvili. You see, this guy once bit his tie during an interview. Will he do this again when he gives a speech to the students of "Freedom Institute"?

Jan 13, 2009 11:55
  • GRIZ326
Oh Paul, you cantankerous old Aussie.... :-)

>>> remember the cheating in Florida that got him elected

Remember the US Supreme Court said that he won.

>>> remember the suspension of human rights at Guantanamo Bay contrary to the constitution

Remember that foreign nationals have no rights under the US Consititution.

>>> think about the possibilities of a poor person getting elected

Why is this Bushs' fault? It's been that way since at least the time of JFK...who wrote the book on modern techniques for cheating in an American Presidential election.

>>> think about the lies about weapons of mass destruction

Lies? Maybe, maybe not. You'd have to be certain that Bush and Blair knew the intelligence was bogus and just used it to hoodwink the world; and that there were no WMD in any form. It seems to me that jury is still out on both of those matters and I'm a pretty judgemental guy when it comes to liars.

Next time I'm in China, we've got to make an effort to get a beer.

Post a Reply to: Are you going to "Freedom Institute"?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code