Menu
How to get the fish bone out of my throat?
Jun 28, 2009 13:35
GUEST44012 what do u do if you have a polo stuck in
your throat? Does Orange Juice work?
Jun 28, 2009 13:37
GUEST44012 What has that got to do with getting a fish bone out of ur throat?
Jun 28, 2009 19:47
  • LUMMERLAOSHI
When I was in Thailand, I just used my fingers, surpressed my gag reflex and took the bone out after 30 minutes of manuvering. If it's a real problem, go to the doctor and he/she can take it out.
Jul 2, 2009 00:25
GUEST56129 1. Relax. You will not die from a fish bone in your throat. Let it dislodge by itself by eating things like bread, oatmeal or rice.
2. Do not try to push on your throat from the outside, you might jam the bone into the lining of your esophagus.
3. Do not use foreign objects like spoons or fingernails to remove the bone. You will do more damage than good. See no. 2.

Most importantly,

4. If the fish bone does not dislodge when you eat, go an see a doctor. You don't have to go to the ER, but you should see a professional physician as soon as possible.

Jul 2, 2009 09:53
  • WAHAHA111
my grandma used to teach me to swallow rice dumpling in order to get rid of the bone..
Jul 8, 2009 20:17
GUEST43115 grab a slice of bread remove the dark edges, bite it in pieces a couple of times the whole idea is to swallow the balled up piece of bread whole, have some one near who knows the hymelik, to provide aid if needed, once you have the bread in your mouth sip a little water to moistened the ball of bread to help it slide down easy, and swallow it whole, you need to do this as soon as the fish bone becomes stuck coughing and gagging will only embeded deeper. once swallowed the moisted ball of bread will travel down your throat reaching the fish bone. the bone will pierce the ball of bread dragging the bone out of its place. this happened to my only twice in my life and it help both times.
Jul 25, 2009 05:04
GUEST82123 Best to go to the doctor to get it out if trying rice doesn't work. I had one stuck in my throat and got it out at the hospital. The doc said that it wasn't a good idea to force down too much rice, banana etc. as it makes the area swell even more, making it harder for him to extract. Hope this helps!
Jul 28, 2009 18:26
GUEST40101 you all need a life
Jul 29, 2009 06:08
GUESTBOOYA! erm no we dont, we all got one, whats wrong with helping each other out by giving tips??
Aug 15, 2009 23:28
GUESTSMARTIE who would even eat the fish bones its in the fish not just bones
Page 3 of 23    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to get the fish bone out of my throat?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code