Menu
Having fun with Conspiracy Theories!
Jan 8, 2009 08:47
  • SETH
Wow, cool... conspiracy theories! Do you know how conspiracy theories start? Someone develops a belief, usually based on a truly false premise, and then backs up their belief by saying "there is no proof otherwise!" This goes beyond silliness. UFOs? Obviously a government coverup! Roswell? Not a shred of UFO evidence is there because the government scoured every bit of debris... see, there's nothing there! Single gunman in Dallas in 1963? Had to have a second gunman on the grassy knoll! Silly, really --

Here's a cool conspiracy that has been written about in a book called "The Passover Plot". To summarize:
1) About 200 years before Christ, the Essenes (a spiritual Jewish sect, like very early hippies!) prophesized the coming of a Messiah.
2) Jesus and his desciples knew this and manipulated events to comply with the prophesy, especially the part about the Messiah being put to death.
3) Judas was actually the closest to Jesus and most favorite of the desciples, and he complied with the request that Jesus' be betrayed, to further comply with the prophesy.
4) This forced the hands of the Romans who feared an another uprising and war with the Jews. Hence, the crucifiction.
5) After dying on the cross and being placed in the cave, Jesus' body was found missing the next day (Look! The rock moved!) and was used as proof that Jesus ascended. But the truth (according to the conspiracy theory) was that orthodox Jews removed the body to give Jesus, who was an ordained Rabbi, a burial conforming to Jewish law.
6) But why would God have to move a rock to have Jesus ascend? I mean, isn't God supposed to be omnipotent?
Therefore, everything said about Jesus, including that the way to salvation is only achievable through Jesus, is a lie!
6) So many Gospels and other historical documents were destroyed by the early Church (to solidify their power), that there is no real proof that any of the miracles and resurrection ever occurred!

So here we have a very convenient and conroversial conspiracy theory. Chew on it for a while (maybe when you look at the moon, convinced that man could never land on a big blob of green cheese!).

Anyone want to drag up and discuss old conspiracy theories? Under the Military Forum for this site, people are hashing about the old lies about America never really landing men on the moon! Amazing what people with no lives and too much time on their hands will dream up!
Jan 8, 2009 21:31
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh, here's one conspiracy theory. There are people who say that 9/11 is an inside job.

Truth be told, I am not a fan of conspiracy theories. I don't have the time for them.:P
Jan 8, 2009 21:49
  • SHESGOTTOBE
How about the DaVinci Code? Jesus & Mary Magdalene were married. After Jesus died, Mary Magdalene and their daughter was shipped out to a coastal town in France. And then moved to another country in Europe. I forgot which one. There, lives the long lost descendants of Jesus.

And what about the relationship between the Free Masons and the dollar bill? And the so-called triangle (or something) that represents 'The Eye'.

I watched these documentaries about a year ago but I can barely remember the details anymore.
Jan 11, 2009 01:00
  • DODGER
The underlying false premise for believing in any conspiracy theory is that a large group of people can keep a secret.
How many people are involved in some way with the American Space program?
If there had been no landing on the Moon how much would this story be worth?
Most crimes are solved because either the criminal couldn’t keep their mouth shut or one of his/her friends couldn’t.
Dodger.
Jan 16, 2009 23:32
  • GRIZ326
I think of conspiracy theories as mind candy; wonderful entertainment.
Post a Reply to: Having fun with Conspiracy Theories!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code