Travel to Mansarovar(瑪旁雍錯)
Jan 15, 2009 02:13
guest10187 Hi,
I am an Indian national working in Shenzhen(China) and hold work permit. I wish to travel to Tibet and visit Lake Mansarovar(瑪旁雍錯) and Mount Kailash(Gāngrénbōqí Fēng.). Can someone help me with these queries please:

1. How far is the two places from each other?
2. How far are these places from Lhasa? What is the mode of transport to reach them from Lhasa and how long does it take?
3. What is the best way and route to reach these two places from Shenzhen?
4. Do I need a special permit to travel to Tibet?
5. Would a trip of total 6 days be enough? i just wish to visit these two places.

Jan 20, 2009 04:14
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Oct 30, 2005
  • Status: Offline
Yes, you do need a Tibet Travel Permit (TTB permit) to get into Tibet Autonomous Region. If I'm not wrong, you'll need an extra Alien Travel Permit (ATP) to get to Kailash. Not sure about Lake Mansarovar.
6 days including getting to Tibet and back to Shenzhen? I doubt you'll have enough time, especially when you need to allow for altitude acclimatisation. Definitely not enough if you're planning to take the train!
Jan 20, 2009 19:39
thanks a lot for your reply.........can you also guide me on the other questions I have please

Jan 23, 2009 02:26
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Oct 30, 2005
  • Status: Offline
Look, I would've answered them if I could, right?
Post a Reply to: Travel to Mansarovar(瑪旁雍錯)
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code