Menu
Hotel or guesthouse in Zhangjiajie
Jan 16, 2009 16:40
  • DAVEC
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay here?

I appreciate there are lots to choose from but I prefer personnal recommendations. If you have tel or wesite thats even better.
Jan 17, 2009 06:32
GUEST11231 Hi, this is a beautiful place to go. I really loved it. There are at least three different places to stay in, the town, the village at Forest Park and Wulingyuan. It all depend on how long you are staying and what you want to see. The town is nothing special, it is a small Chinese town but there are bank, shops, restaurants etc. There are minibuses going to the other two places, frequently. Travel time 20-30 minutes. The village Zhangjiajie that we stayed in is VERY small, there is hardly anything there, except some hotels (2-3), there are no real restaurants either but they put up some place in the evening (night market style). The advantage is that you can walk to one of the entrances of the forest park. However this leads to the Yellow Stone Stronghold cable car and the Golden whip stream, there is no way to reach the other areas except walking along the stream (around 5 km). The forest park is very large and well organised and there are buses connecting the different scenic ares, but not from the village. In my opinion the best place to stay is in Wulingyuan, there is another entrance to the park and you can reach many of the areas with the buses leaving from there. You can also easily reach the cave and the lake from here which are outside the park. Wulingyuan has many hotels and restaurants and a market area for locals as well, although it is clearly a (Chinese) tourist place. I don't know of any hotel to recommend but there were certainly many around. As for Zhangjiajie village we stayed in Pipaxi, which is quite expensive, it is a party guest house (meaning the CCP, not dancing drinking) giving it a certain interest. The assistant manager was very helpful to arrange our stay there, and the rooms were very good, but it was not convenient for visiting the park. We were there for three days - two days may be enough or you could probably spend a week, depending on how much you like to walk the woods and climb stairs. Enjoy!
Post a Reply to: Hotel or guesthouse in Zhangjiajie
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code