Menu
Scientist uses his own children as test subject
Jan 19, 2009 01:05
  • BLUESKY001
A neuroscience professor at the MIT, Pawan Sinha, used his own son as the test subject. Immediately after his son’s birth, he said: “ I am excited about the baby’s birth because I really want to study him and do experiments with him”. He put a camera on his son’s head, recording what he looked at. His wife was surprised at his deed. A lot of scientists have used their own children as research subjects. It has been in dispute if scientists should use their own children as test subjects. Some argued that once their children grow up, they would hate their parents.

Jan 19, 2009 03:10
  • DAVEC
Not really an 'experiment' in medical sense.
Can you imagine how fun it is to see things from a childs view. When they get older showing them their first sights from their angle, not from yours.
Jan 19, 2009 22:06
  • LEONARDO
Scientists need sacrifice and dedication to science. My former dormmate's current tutor has ever used her child as a test suject. She is an linguistic expert in Chinese University of Hong Kong. In order to have a research on bilingual education, she put her son in a bilingual school when he was very young. More importantly, her son have been separated from her for 4-5 years after his birth. He was looked after by her mother-in-law. Her son grew up with her mother-in-law lacked the motherly love. He was put in a strange environment when he was 4 years old for his mother's research.
Post a Reply to: Scientist uses his own children as test subject
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code