Menu
LESHAN-DINOSAUR MUSEUM-DAZU route
Jan 22, 2009 19:32
  • IRACUBET
Dear All,

I am at the final stages of planning my family trip to Sichuan. Here's one trickery matter; I dun want to travel 5-hours by train to ZIGONG from chengdu just to visit the Dinosaur museum for my childrens' sake. So....need info...

1. How do I manage the three location together?
2. Stay at one of the hotel nearby one of the location?
3. Can I do all three locations in one full day?
Jan 23, 2009 02:30
  • ELLYSE
Sounds rather impossible IMHO.
Jan 27, 2009 08:42
  • IRACUBET
Hi.

I was actually thinking of combing leshan and Dinosaur together. Meaning....we travel to Leshan by coach/car/taxi in the morning (approx. 2 hours) and be at dinosaur museum after lunch. After that, we'll coach or taxi to DAZU and stay for the night, to visit the cravings only in the morning and travel back to chengdu (4 hours) ard abt 3-4 pm.

Is that possible?
Jan 29, 2009 04:15
  • ELLYSE
Cravings? I think YOU have a craving for the carvings. :P Just joking!
Sorry, not sure about that combination. We did Zigong on a separate trip that didn't involve Chengdu, and I've never been to Leshan nor Dazu.
Jan 29, 2009 18:28
  • IRACUBET
Dear Ellyse,

haha. Typo error. Sorry. I've posted my final schedule at another Forum Q&A, take a look at see if you could improve or suggest better planning? Thanks.
Feb 1, 2009 09:36
  • TRAVISLIU
Hi IRACUBET,

Your schedule is no problem but you will be in a hurry!

1 -From Chengdu Shiyang central bus station, you can take coach to Leshan (every 20min, from 6:30am). The trip is only 1.5 hours, full high way.

2 -From Leshan to Zigong: 171km, it will take 3 hours by bus because a section of the highway is under-constructing (but very safe). Every day there are 21 trips (every 30 min in daytime).

3 -From Zigong to Dazu: Only 2 bues, 8:30 and 14:50. it will take about 2 hours, full high way.

4 -From Dazu to Chengdu Wuguiqiao central station: about 4 hours. I don't know the detail bus information of Dazu, but it's full highway.

I'm Chengdu local resident. You can reach me by email: tom.com|travis.liu.
Feb 2, 2009 02:48
  • IRACUBET
Dear Travis,

Thanks a million.

I think we'll give Dazu a miss this time. We'll spent a day in Leshan and either (1) return to Chengdu, then next morning go to Zigong, or (2) travel to Zigong direct and stay the night and then visit the Dinosaur Museum, at 3-4, return to Chengdu.

My question...
a. Any accomodation approx. range 150-250 for a family of four?
b. Zigong to Chengdu...any bus at 3-4pm?

Thanks
Feb 2, 2009 10:49
  • TRAVISLIU
Hi,

I suggest you choose (2): travel from Leshan to Zigong direct and stay the night. Because (1): There is 1.5hrs from Leshan to Chengdu Shiyang central station, and then it will take 30-40 min by taxi to Chengdu Wuguiqiao central station, you will spend other 3 hrs to Zigong.

My reply to your two questions:

a. Normally the price of a standard room (one night) in 3 star hotel in Chengdu is around Rmb200. But in Leshan and Zigong the amount is pmb120-150. So your budget is not enough.

b. Zigong to Chengdu: so many bus, The latest one is around 20:00.

have a nice trip!
Feb 18, 2009 03:17
  • IRACUBET
Dear Travis,

Any chance of me getting your contact number just in case my family and I get lost in Sichuan?
Post a Reply to: LESHAN-DINOSAUR MUSEUM-DAZU route
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code