Menu
Beijing to Guangzhou - Can you book planes within China?
Jan 24, 2009 19:42
  • KIWICHINESE
Travelling from New Zealand to Shanghai direct. How do I ge from Shanghai to Beijing? and from Beijing to Guangzhou?> Can I book the planes from inside China? or does it have to be pre-booked from NZ? How about the train between cities? Are they good to travel? Want to see the country side instead of just flying, so was thinking train from Shanghai to beijing
Jan 24, 2009 21:28
  • LEMONCACTUS
www.ctrip.cn

You can book internal flights in China here, sure there are loads of other sites that members can recommend. This one gives you an "English" option on the first page and prices are reasonable.

As for taking trains, no problem to travel from Shanghai to Beijing. Trains are convenient, safe and comfortable enough - there are tonnes of threads on here about train travel in China. Check out the "Train Search" function at the top of the page.
Jan 24, 2009 21:29
  • LEMONCACTUS
Sorry, what I mean by the website is that it is available here in China and that you can book your flight from "inside" China.
Jan 29, 2009 03:40
  • ELLYSE
Shanghai -- Beijing is possible by train, bus (which I don't recommend) and flight. I would prefer taking the train. However, most of the trains are overnight in order to save on travelling time (as you sleep when the train is travelling), so they're not really ideal for scenery-watching. There's a fast D train during the day that takes about 10 hours though.
Beijing -- Guangzhou might be too far to be comfortable by train (>20 hours), and definitely not by bus. Flight is possible and IMHO a better choice.
Flights can be booked either in mainland China or in New Zealand, but cheaper to book from within China.
Email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 if you want help with any tickets, put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg KiwiChinese) in the subject line, thanks.
Jan 31, 2009 02:39
GUEST22429 You can book plane tickets either through the web (e-tickets so you don't need to get a ticket delivered anywhere) or in China. Many hotels have a ticket desk or business centre where you can get the tickets, saving time from finding agencies. The prices are usually quite reasonable, you can check on this website. If you book well before you get substantial discounts. Train is OK although my experience is that they are rather worn down and the bathrooms are unspeakable. But it is a great way to travel and a good way of interacting with people, even if you don't speak Chinese people are friendly and interested.
Jan 31, 2009 02:52
  • ELLYSE
Not all trains are worn down, the new D trains as well as the Z trains are all very nice. Do consider the amount of users on the Chinese railway system!
Feb 7, 2009 06:37
GUEST93996 Dear Ellyse, I didn't mean to be unfair to the Chinese railsystem, and my experience is rather limited. However I have travelled in Southern China on trains on numerous occasion and I believe that most Europeans would consider the standard quite "basic". Most of my friends would not be happy while I enjoy it (the views, the people) and don't care too much. On the major lines maybe the standard is fine, I admit I don't know. The airports are usually very good and the planes same standard or even better as in Europe so that is what I recommend to people who are not experienced travellers.
Feb 12, 2009 03:23
  • ELLYSE
Well, please compare the prices of the train rides in Europe and in China.
Feb 25, 2009 00:23
  • KIWICHINESE
Thanks - I now need to find accomodation in Shanghai - hostels will be fine - 2 people, 1 twin share. I need to book a train from Shanghai to Guangchou. Can I do that when I get there? Do they go every day? Is it a night train? What time does it leave? And is it safe for 2 older ladies?
Feb 25, 2009 04:41
  • ELLYSE
Depending on how many days you have in Shanghai, you might not get sleepers (or lower bunks) when you get here to buy. It would be advisable to pre-buy.

Yes, trains run daily. Yes, they're safe enough.

Trains leave from either Shanghai main or Shanghai South train station, and arrive at either Guangzhou main or Guangzhou East train station. They're a few hours longer than what I would consider "overnight".

Shanghai -- Guangzhou:
K527 (0401--0416) 24h15min

Shanghai South -- Guangzhou:
K511 (0950--0639) 20h49min
T169 (1127--0546) 18h19min

Shanghai -- Guangzhou East:
T99 (1709--1019) 17h10min
Aug 12, 2009 09:54
GUEST47140 how much the cost by plane from beijing to guangzhou ? my email yahoo.co.id|ekamery.
Post a Reply to: Beijing to Guangzhou - Can you book planes within China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code