Menu
Looking for a job-any advice
Jan 28, 2009 21:28
guest22852
Good morning and happy new year.

Academically I am a University educated British citizen, teaching 90 minutes drive from Kunming which is in south west of China.

This is my 7th month in China and I love the country and its people and realised that I would like to extend my stay after my employment contract expires in July 2009 and work in China as a English teacher.

At present I work in a small city which has very few English speakers and it has been challenging for example I need a guide to take me to the bus stop to get a bus ticket as I still haven't picked up the language.

I would like to stay within south of China for example the Yunnan area, Kunming etc and my question is if anyone can suggest on where to teach or even better contact's of schools who are willing to take on a Foreign English teacher after July 2009.
I prefer to teach children in Middle school although it wouldn't pose as a problem to teach a different age group but personally for a change of pace I would like to teach young children in primary school or even Kindergarten.

I am not sure if in China if they have such volunteer organisations but I would also consider the notion of teaching English with minimum pay (even none) but as long as reasonable food and accommodation is provided. China has been great to me and I would like to return the gesture by providing its people with simple English education.

Thanks for reading and any advice, tips or links would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

C.Ghost
Jun 16, 2009 07:02
  • DIONNEHONEY
Hi.. I would like to ask if there's numerous job opportunities in Beijing for foreigners?.. I am an IT graduate and a filipina. My friend will work in Yanda Hospital in Beijing and I would also want to try my luck In China (Beijing). Please help me on how to go about it like where will I get an english newspaper so that I could apply for a job, room for rent to be shared by my friend and me (I hope it's cheap only, we wouldn't mind if it's just a small room). We are both girls. By the way does anyone knows Yanda Hospital in Beijing?

Thank you.. and more power....
Jun 16, 2009 17:05
  • HALEBANK
get in touch with me asap I think I can put you in touch with what you are looking for
Jun 18, 2009 19:41
  • LUMMERLAOSHI
If you're interested in teaching at a language school or university in Kunming, get back to me ASAP. Sorry, I don't have much information on public junior high schools or primary schools.
Post a Reply to: Looking for a job-any advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code