Menu
Bring gf back to Canada.
Jan 29, 2009 15:22
  • CASIN
I've looked around on internet, read on the forum, asked friends and went to travel agency to ask about it. But still confused and not sure what way is the best.

About myself, I'm in China to study at Shenzhen university for a bit, went back to my grandparent's hometown (Shantou) to practice chinese and visit relatives. I am from Canada (QC).

Now my cousin who lived here, in shantou, just left to study in Canada. His process was quite simple: have 600,000rmb in a bank account, give 30,000rmb to the right people and to travel agency and he's already off to Canada.

This solution isn't possible for me as I am 18 and do not have the necessary funds to help my girlfriend, and too young to marry her.

My aunt, her husband and a friend of mine got a Canadian Visa without any problem and very fast. They're rich and high ranked in the government as well.
I do not want to depend on relatives - money and power wise.

Please, please, if you know anything that could help me out. Or information that would help me progress on my quest. I can gather 50k RMB but any more would be hard.

Thanks for reading and taking your time to answer.

-Casin
Jan 29, 2009 17:42
  • CANADAGUY
>Now my cousin who lived here, in shantou, just left to study in Canada. His process was quite simple: have 600,000rmb in a bank account, give 30,000rmb to the right people and to travel agency and he's already off to Canada.

Hi Casin. My reply is more out of curiosity than anything else really.
I'm curious to learn who exactly the 30,000 rmb was given to (right people) beside the travel agency?
I know from what I have heard/learned that your best chances to get to Canada is if you have lots of money at your disposal.

I also would like to wish you luck on your visa application!
Jan 30, 2009 01:58
  • CASIN
Doctor, interrogator (the one that asks you your purpose there, whatever it's called) and some people at the government, 30k RMB isn't much but it does fill red envelopes well... not everyone will let you pass because you have the requirements, more like if you have the right amount or gift.

Then again I do not feel like wasting my time making 600,000RMB in china while I'm supposed to go back for university. That amount is ridiculous for someone of my age. That would be my very last resort.
Feb 5, 2009 22:28
  • CANADAGUY
>Doctor, interrogator (the one that asks you your purpose there, whatever it's called) and some people at the government, 30k RMB isn't much but it does fill red envelopes well... not everyone will let you pass because you have the requirements, more like if you have the right amount or gift.<

Casin, I know it can be done and is done, but I still don't understand where the opportunity comes up exactly.

My girlfriend went to HK to apply for a Canadian visa with all of her documents.
She wasn't given an opportunity to speak (give money to) anyone.
You take a number, hand in your documents when your number is called and then come back a few hours later for the results.
You don't see the officer that makes the decision. You just see the clerk at the desk who hands you the results.

Aug 21, 2009 07:30
GUEST79130 hi canadaguy, i canadian;if i remember well,you married a chinese woman;
Me too i married recently a chinese woman; i go back soon to BC.
Can you please tell me about your experience: how to bring my wife to Canada?
We are almost ready to send our Immigration to Canada package; any recommandations?

thanks
palamede
Aug 23, 2009 23:13
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST79130

hi canadaguy, i canadian;if i remember well,you married a chinese woman;
Me too i married recently a chinese woman; i go back soon to BC.
Can you please tell me about your experience: how to bring my wife to Canada?
We are almost ready to send our Immigration to Canada package; any recommandations?

thanks
palamede

Hi Palamede,

Sorry I can't give you any specific help here. I didn't marry my gf.
If you have married your gf and are a Canadian citizen then just follow the application to sponsor your wife to Canada.

It will take anywhere from 6 months to over a year.

Aug 24, 2009 08:11
GUEST10728 thanks for reply Canadaguy.I am in a painful process in compleeting the complicated forms,to bring my wife to canada,Many confliting situations in these forms.I thougth you- or somebody else can tell me why on one page the IMMigration canada says :do not to send electronic " documents" like DVDs or similar, AND on another page they say to send photos and any documentation to show my relationship with my wife?

thanks again,
palamede
Post a Reply to: Bring gf back to Canada.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code