Menu
What to do in Hainan
Jan 31, 2009 11:56
  • SYOUNG108
Greetings! I'm planning to go to Hainan this month. Any recommendations/warnings/suggestions/advice?
Thanks!!
Feb 22, 2009 04:08
  • CALODEMA
hi.
will you vist Sanya city?i had 7days traveling alone experiences there.
for more details please email to me
calodema "a" msn . com

best regards!
Feb 22, 2009 07:49
  • JABAROOTOO
Give us some idea of what you are interested in seeing and doing.

Be wary of taxi and mini van drivers offering to take you places. They will only take you to the hot spots where they will receive a nice kick back and you will be relieved of a heft amount of cash for a ticket you may well think is a waste of time and money

I've just spent five weeks here this winter and I'm heading home tomorrow so if you have some questions about Sanya, Wuzhishan, Lingshui, Qionghai, Wenchang Haikou and the west coast feel free to ask. But please first read the reviews and look at some photos.

I'm about to post a couple more reviews but need to give them some more details.

Cheers
J
Feb 22, 2009 07:51
  • JABAROOTOO
PS Google some of the other Hainan websites for more information written by locals and expats who actually live here. THERE IS PLENTY OF GOOD INFORMATION if you are prepared to research it.
Feb 24, 2009 05:20
  • SHUBH
It consists of several islands, the largest of which is also called Hainan Island. Sanya Shan Hai Tian Hotel, Meritus Mandarin Haikou, Gloria Resort and Crowne Spa Resort etc are good places to stay. Sanya Beach and Nan Shan (South Mountain) are the most popular destinations. Be very careful with water sports on Hainan. Without adequate safety precautions, these activities can be dangerous, and even fatal.
Adviser travel.justluxe
Mar 6, 2009 22:47
GUEST10134 I am looking forward to stay in Sanya or datonghai where we can have a direct access to the beach, sit in a cofffee house and enjoy sunrise/sunset. Any recommendations
Mar 9, 2009 11:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Prices in Sanya are reasonable now so staying in Dadonghai is probably the best option although the beach at Yalong wan is so much nicer and quieter.

Plenty of nice places to sit and drink coffee but if you want to see the sunset then you need to be on Sanya bay anywhere will do.

If you are looking for somewhere really quiet you could check out Luhaitou Cun which offers a few nice little guesthouses for less than Y200 per night and right on the beach to watch the sunset but not good for swimming.

Try the Rainbow bar and grill for good value food. Two locations one in Dadonghai on the main street and the other overlooking the water at the Eadry Resort Hotel on the Island in the Sanya River.

There's a nice Pizza place and bars in the Crowne Plaza shopping center at Yalong if you find yourself out there in the evening or just want an icecream

At the southern end and quieter portion of Dadonghai beach in front of the Intime Hotel there's a nice 'Russian' style restaurant which has good food, good prices, good view and a great atmosphere.

And I like Cocos Coffee shop just up the street from here as you leave the beach.

Enjoy your stay
Aug 14, 2009 20:49
  • SYOUNG108
Jabarootoo, thanks for all your replies. I got kind of busy and didn't make it to Hainan. I"ll make it down there someday. If you need a contact in Shenzhen, feel free to email me.
Aug 17, 2009 01:08
GUEST13137 Sanya in Hannan, many friends would go to www.chinahotels.hk/sanya-hotels/ for help
Jan 21, 2010 09:51
GUEST41773 I'm planning a trip there. The info helps a lot. What would you recommend for air flights leaving from Hong Kong? My aunt wants to join a tour, but I am against tours.
Sep 6, 2010 06:10
GUEST22174 Hello i will be in sanya from 2nd october for three nights and four days ,i will be traveling alone can you please suggest what and where i can spend my nightlife and aslo i would like to know does sanya has thailand kind of night life?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What to do in Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code