Menu
Marriage ads: If You Are the One
Feb 1, 2009 02:19
  • SUMMERSNOW
Have you ever watched the blockbuster If You Are the One (非诚勿扰)directed Chinese famous director Feng Xiaogang? The romantic comedy impressed viewers with humorous dialogues. The marriage advertisement crafted by the male protagonist was catchy and humorous. What do you think of this marriage advertisement?

(Here are the English translation and the origional Chinese version)
If you are looking for a handsome guy or a wallet, don’t reply; If you hold a Master's degree or higher, not possible;girls born in Shanghai, not possible; female entrepreneurs(except small business hawker), not possible, so that we don't waste each other's hope。 The Andy Liu or Tom Cruise kind, ,who are both wealthy and good-looking, would not make an announcement looking for you. Surely, I don't expect a Notting Hill story either. Even if you're indeed an angle, I won't be able to handle you---I don't expect that you looks like that girl on the magazine cover, just one look crushing people's souls。An average person, with outside stylishness and inside conservativeness, with fit body and mind, will just do, even better if you're beautifully shy. You need not to play too many tricks or be too young, from time to time, you're allowed to have unrealistic dreams, but a few words is enough to get you back into reality without getting you angry--a little embarrassed grin at most, and then do what you ought to do. I like a woman who knows how to fold clothes in a way that whenever you finish washing, ironing and folding them; they will look just like when you bought them from stores. It cannot be more specific than this, can it? ( Continue in the next paragraph)

你要想找一帅哥就别来了,你要想找一钱包就别见了,硕士学历以上的免谈,上海女人免谈,女企业家免谈(小商小贩除外),省得咱们互相都会失望。刘德华和阿汤哥那种财貌双全的郎君是不会来征你的婚的,当然我也没有做诺丁山的梦。您要真是一仙女我也接不住,没期待您长得更画报封面一样看一眼就魂飞魄散。外表时尚,内心保守,身心都健康的一般人就行,要是多少还有点儿婉约那就更靠谱了。心眼儿别太多岁数别太小,允许时常有不切实际的想入非非,但三句话就能给轰回现实还不气脑顶多有点儿难为情地咧嘴一笑就该干吗干吗去了。我喜欢会叠衣服的女人,每次洗完烫平叠得都像刚从商店里买回来的一样。说得够具体了吧。

Feb 1, 2009 02:21
  • SUMMERSNOW
Let me introduce myself for you. I'm a man whose age is no longer small, living a moderately well-off life, who doesn't drink but smoke. I went abroad as a student and spent more than a decade living abroad, but never attended a real education. In wasting time, I learned all sorts of ways to make a living. Now I returned with no achievement at all. To tell you the truth, I should be judged as a “Fake Turtle" without the three--No company, no stocks and no degree. My personality is open; My character is neither good nor bad. I'm not exactly an honest man, but I am without much courage since I was born. Even it is not illegal to kill, I wouldn't kill anyone. My conscience will be tortured by the guilt if I do anything cruel to others。I am meant not to be a villain, even if I try to be one. In general and basically, I'm still one of those who are beneficial and harmless to the mankind and our society.
  Contact me by phone, if you're the one.

自我介绍一下,我,岁数已经不小了,日子小康,抽烟不喝酒,留学生身份出去的,在国外生活过十几年,没正经上过学,蹉跎中练就一身生存技能,现在学无所成海外归来,实话实说应该定性为一只没有公司没有股票没有学位的“三无劣海龟”。性格OPEN,人品五五开,不算老实人,但天生胆小,杀人不犯法我也杀不了人,伤天害理了自己良心也备受摧残,命中注定想学坏都当不了大坏蛋。总体而言基本上还是属于对人类对社会有益无害的一类。
有意者电联,非诚勿扰

Feb 1, 2009 21:03
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Haha... it's funny. Made my brain hurt though. And I thought I am demanding. :P
Feb 2, 2009 21:23
  • LEONARDO
I love this movie. The scripts are funny and humorous.
Feb 3, 2009 03:45
GUEST625 "girls born in Shanghai, not possible"

Why doesn't he like girls born in Shanghai? Does the director hate Shanghai girls?
Feb 3, 2009 08:50
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I have read that Shanghai girls have some not so good reputation. Personally, I think it is unfair to judge women just because they are from Shanghai. If we judge people based on their location, you can see where that would lead. In some way, the movie is promoting a form of unhealthy stereotyping. I wouldn’t take a movie like that seriously.
Feb 3, 2009 22:11
  • SUNNYDREAM
I felt sympathy for the female protagonist in the film. She is a passionate beautiful air hostess. The pity is that she was deeply in love with the wrong guy, a married man. She wasted his youth in waiting for the man. He was a liar and promised to marry her. Finanally, she got hurt deeply. In my view, the film tells us that don't fall in love with someone who is unworthy of your love. You are unlucky if you met the wrong person. It is wise to take your heart back as early as possible. I am moved by the film.
Feb 4, 2009 17:22
  • MARRIE
It's really funny. Shanghai girls are always told by their parents: girls, before making friends who could be your future partners, check his origin which should be limited to southern Jiang Su and norhtern Zhe Jiang, if not, don't go any further even if he was bore in Shanghai.
Feb 4, 2009 21:45
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"The pity is that she was deeply in love with the wrong guy, a married man. She wasted his youth in waiting for the man. He was a liar and promised to marry her. Finanally, she got hurt deeply. In my view, the film tells us that don't fall in love with someone who is unworthy of your love. You are unlucky if you met the wrong person. It is wise to take your heart back as early as possible."

I have never fell in love with anyone married but I fell in love with someone who has a girlfriend. I try to know everything about the person I am interested in so I know that he has a girlfriend. I stopped my feelings for him. It can be done. I believe all of us deserve someone just for us, not someone we have to share with another. I have a very strong repelling instinct when it comes to attached men, hehe....
Feb 4, 2009 21:59
  • KATRINA
The pity is that she was deeply in love with the wrong guy, a married man. She wasted his youth in waiting for the man. He was a liar and promised to marry her. Finanally, she got hurt deeply.

Well, we can not easily assume that the guy was a liar. I believe that he has feelings for that girl. Unfortunately, he couldn't leave his wife. And it is obvious that the guy has no feelings for his wife. On the other hand, that girl is willing to wait for the guy. They both have feelings for each other. However, for some reasons, they can't be together. Eventually, that girl realized that there was no hope for her and him to get together. In the end, she found a man who really love her.
Post a Reply to: Marriage ads: If You Are the One
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code