Menu
Do men have to wear neckties at dinner?
Feb 2, 2009 00:10
  • XIAOXIAO
In the movies, those gentlemen usually wear neckties when dining with ladies. Wearing ties and suits at dinner symbolizes a man's status. In real life, men do the same thing at dinner. I am thinking if men needn't have to wear ties at dinner. In that way, they look more relaxing.

A piece of news says that 21 Club in New York has stopped requiring men guests to wear neckties at dinner. The manager said:" Time changes and they should keep pace with times." However, casual clothes such as jeans and sneakers are still not accepted.

What do you think of this idea? Do men have to wear ties at dinner?
Feb 2, 2009 09:40
  • GARYKINKADE
Necktie......(IMO) about the most useless piece of clothing besides the "girdle"
that was created by the western world(?).

Not only do both restrict the ability to breath properly but they probably take 3+ years
away from a persons average lifespan.

People in the eastern cultures had it correct all along. Loose fitting garments that were
comfortable. "To heck" with trying to impress people while choking yourself to death.
Feb 3, 2009 03:23
  • KATRINA
If I had a restaurant, I wouldn't never require my customers to wear too formally to have dinnar at my restaurant. I wanna my customers to enjoy their dinner in a casual and comfort way. They needn't worry about their white shirts and ties when eating food. They come here for having delicious food, not attending meetings.
Post a Reply to: Do men have to wear neckties at dinner?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code