Menu
Do you really care about blood type?
Feb 3, 2009 01:24
  • LEOPOLD219
In Japan, you can hear this sentence very often, that is, “What’s your type?” Here “type” refers to blood type. Most Japanese believe that blood type determines a person’s character. A survey says that about 80 percent grown-ups in Japan believe that blood type determines everything.

Besides, the statistics tells that four of Top Ten Best Sellers in Japan are about blood types. Just in two months, about 5 million books had been sold out. It is said that some companies take people’s blood types into consideration when recruiting employees. As for looking life partners, blood type is also a very important factor. Obviously, some guys are definitely discriminated because their blood types are not welcome.

The following are the features of four kinds of blood types according to these books:

Type A: people who belong to A type are sensitive perfectionists. Sometimes, they are impatient and angry.
Type B: Type B people are optimists. They are said to be selfish and weird sometimes. (I am B type but I don't think I am an optimist)
Type O: These guys are more curious, generous but very stubborn.
Type AB: AB people have high artistic endowment. They are inscrutable and hard to control.
Feb 3, 2009 02:02
  • DODGER
I'm A positive and probably a little impatient sometimes.
Dodger.
Feb 3, 2009 03:07
  • JIMMYB
Well, I actually have some interests in blood type and astrology. However, I sometimes feel that I am cheated. I belong to B type but I firmly believe that I am not an optimist.
Feb 3, 2009 06:35
  • GAFFER
Well I'm a Virgo Blood Group A+. Does this mean double trouble?

Virgo traits;
Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical
Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative
Feb 3, 2009 08:37
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Like Gaffer, I am a Virgo and all those in his/her list apply to me except that I am conservative in some areas but liberal in others. I do know that I am very picky and perfectionist. I will be the first one to scold myself if I did something that is not up to my ‘standards’. Still, I do not know if horoscopes are true or if it is just a coincidence.

You can tell how much I care about blood types. I do not know what my blood type is and never bothered to know. :P Thankfully, nobody asked me when I was in Japan. There is a movie in South Korea, My Boyfriend is Type B. For some reason, type B guys are usually featured in Japan and South Korean comics, movies as the leading men. I have never heard of type B as optimistic. It is said that blood type B are rugged individualists, cold, quiet and anti-social. They insist on doing things their way. Kinda like me. :P Hmm....
Feb 3, 2009 10:12
  • GRIZ326
OYE! Some con artist must have written a new book for the tin foil hate crowd.

Your blood tells a lot about you physically, but before you get into the good stuff, you've got to get into the genetics.
Feb 3, 2009 13:42
I'm a Blood type B and I would say I'm optimistic.

Alan
Feb 4, 2009 22:11
  • KATRINA
Jimmyb said he was type B but not an optimist. While, Alan said yes.

What does this mean? The blood type theory is not accurate. Don't take it seriously.
Feb 5, 2009 20:01
  • MARRIE
Type B is dominant blood in Japan. I read something on blood type written by Japanese, which most of time makes sense.

I am type B which is far away from optimistic nature, but optimistic attitudes can be nurtured by experiences, enviroments and education.

I say it sort of makes senses because I find it's no coincidence that I can get along very well with blood type O and excludes type A by nature.

BTW, there must be wrong in initiative thread about the characteristics of type O which owns the most positive elements that help the people who have it succeed.
Feb 5, 2009 20:12
  • MARRIE
BTW, my mother is B and father O, I think I should have the honor of haing O elements.
Feb 18, 2009 11:53
  • PRIMROSE
wil i`m from O and I `m so curious, generous but very very stubborn.
I think that the blood have some affect in our charecter but it may fade away by the enviroment ,
Post a Reply to: Do you really care about blood type?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code