Menu
Shenyang, lovely scenic Shenyang - NOT! ;)
Feb 15, 2005 06:29
  • FIDLA
Has anyone been to Shenyang? I spent 6 weeks there last fall. Talk about nothing to do. Well, if you like to eat you'll be fine. There's plenty of good food and drink in Shenyang. Also, Shenyang has a Korea town, and so if you like Korean food or Korean whatever, that's the place to go. Lots of Koreans in Shenyang too. I find Korean owned businesses more acceptable in many ways than Chinese. They tend to be cleaner, neater, have western-style toilets (a plus for this American), and speak English (my Mandarin is pretty lame), but my Hangul is passable.

Comments?
Feb 15, 2005 09:52
  • MERMAID
hi, guy, u want to initiate a quarrel?

Heng, if u like Korean things that much, u can go there. U dont have to stay in China and complain so much!
Feb 15, 2005 12:17
  • FIDLA
Ah, but I'm American. I can complain all I want.

And I have been in Korea, many times.
Feb 15, 2005 12:26
  • MERMAID
I think Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King will be ashamed.
Feb 15, 2005 12:27
  • FIDLA
?
Feb 15, 2005 12:38
Nothing is perfect. That 's why we learn ,we think,we change, we make progress.
Just don't be attitude.
Feb 15, 2005 13:43
  • MERMAID
u r asbsolutely right, tomorrow never die.

Feb 15, 2005 14:35
  • ELCABRON
Well Fidla, if China is too dirty for you, don? go there:-)
China is polluted because protection costs money and is expensive.
It? a trade-off between economic development and environmental protection.
Actually even rich USA avoid signing every international environment protection treaty.....
By the way, it? the USA who wastes most of the world ressources - and I mean waste, not use! - they have the highest carbon dioxide emission (CO2) per capita - not the Chinese!!!!!!

By the way, even though I am one of these European cowards who does not want to bomb the whole world, I? still not anti-usa. Don? take it as an assault. I?e been there several times, lived in Colorado for half a year and still have many friends there.
So I know that except US-American-we-do-as-we-want-because-we-are-the-only-world-super-power-left politics, there are reasonable people somewhere hiding in this big and beautiful country (this time I refer to the USA).
Feb 16, 2005 22:57
  • AIQIU222
Here, Here!

I'd just like to add my support to Mermaid, Tomorrow Never Dies and Elcabron. You don't go to another country to criticise it and you don't throw stones from glass houses.

Fidla, what happened to diversity, tolerance and America's much vaunted 'melting pot' constitution?
Feb 17, 2005 08:46
  • MERMAID
Thank u for your support but our U.S. friend has said he didnot represent the U.S. and didnot dislike China.
let's leave this topic here.
peace!
Feb 17, 2005 14:04
  • AIQIU222
Cool. Nice to know. Peace.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page: