Menu
IS ROSETTA STONE THE BEST WAY TO LEARN CHINESE MANDARIN?
Feb 8, 2009 22:11
  • SOCALED
I've been to China twice now. First time to Guilin, this time to Shenzhen. I'm really interested in learning more about this wonderful country. My question is about the Chinese language, Mandarin, which is spoken there. I purchased a pocket book "Chinese Phrases for Dummies". It helped a little but its lacking a lot.
I've heard about Rosetta Stone. I sent for a sample. I hope it works for me. . What do you think about Rosetta Stone? Has anyone used it? Has anyone found a better way to learn at home? It is suppose to have "voice recognition", to correct mispronunciation.
Feb 8, 2009 23:29
If you have little Chinese foundation, the best choice is to hire a Chinese teacher per day 2hours,
You can easily find one through your friends around, internet or college websites.
Feb 9, 2009 10:16
  • SOCALED
Thanks, ZHANGLIN. That could amount to quite a bit. Hiring someone is an option that I will consider once I've learned more from my Chinese for Dummies hand book. I need to hear it and pronounce it properly or it could be misinterpreted with the high, low, and medium level of speaking the word.
Post a Reply to: IS ROSETTA STONE THE BEST WAY TO LEARN CHINESE MANDARIN?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code