Menu
visit Caves and monastery
Feb 11, 2009 04:42
  • CEES
Hi, I am from Holland and I will visit Datong on March 6-7. I leave on Sunday March 8 early in the morning. In these 1.5 day I would like to visit The hanging monastery and the Yungang caves. Is that possible in this short period? Can some give advise how to arrange it?
Thanks for your help!
Feb 11, 2009 07:53
  • JSUMMERS83
Most definitely! My wife and I visited a year ago and were able to hit both in the same day. Your best bet might be to hit up a hostel or the CITS in the train station to book a tour which shouldn't be too expensive, and during March won't be too crowded.

I'm sure there are public transportation ways to get to these sites but your time is pretty limited. Enjoy! They're both very beautiful.
Feb 12, 2009 03:38
  • ELLYSE
Definitely. I would suggest that you look into hiring a taxi and driver for the day, should cost you no more than 250 RMB.
Jun 1, 2009 04:21
  • SEANCO93
Is it possible to hire a a taxi/driver in Datong for a day visiting attractions on the way to Taiyuan hotel? Can anyone recommend a taxi/driver in Datong? Appreciate any help :-)
Jun 1, 2009 11:29
  • ELLYSE
Yes, but you'll have to bear the cost of the driver driving an empty vehicle back to Datong.
Post a Reply to: visit Caves and monastery
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code