Menu
David ties Bobby Moore's record but loses the game!
Feb 11, 2009 21:58
  • DREAMLIFE
The friendly match between England and Spain kicked off in the early morning today. David Beckham appeared on the football pitch in the second half and played for 45 minutes until the game was over. Taking this game into count, David Beckham has already played for England for 108 times. Meanwhile, he has tied Bobby Moore's record to be the second footballer who played the most games for England. If David wants to be the greatest footballer in England, he needs to exceed Peter Shilton who played 125 games for England. But I am wondering if David can make it.

Although David tied Bobby Moore's record, England lost the game to Spain by 0:2. A little disappointing.

At his 100th appearance, England lost to France.

At his 107th appearance, he substituted Rooney at 85th minute and only played for 5 minutes. Very embarrassing!

At his 108th appearance, he also appeared as a substitute and only played a half. And England lost the game too.

Feb 13, 2009 03:36
  • KEVIN0518
Today is the dealine for David's transfer. If AC Milan can't make a deal with LA Galaxy, David will come back to LA. Looking forword to hearing good news about David!
Feb 13, 2009 05:17
GUESTING I have no doubt about Beckham's passion and commitment for the game and in wanting to play for England in all international games leading up to the World Cup in South Africa 2010.

1. Delighted he has equalled Bobby Moore's 108 record; have no doubt Beckham will better it!

2. Recent England's loss to Spain is a revelation and a lesson to the players and especially to Fabio Capello; they will know what to do when facing opponents of this calibre in future games.

3. Keeping my fingers crossed that Beckham is successful in staying on at AC Milan where the training regime resulted in a very high level of fitness for the 34-year old; this fitness level may suffer if he returns to LA Galaxy, Stateside.

Congratulations to a one-of-a-kind footballer; long may David Beckham reign!
Feb 16, 2009 03:44
GUEST3999 Unfortunately, David will get back to LA to "waste" his time because AC Milan didn't make a deal with LA Galaxy last Friday. AC Milan also lost to Inter Milan yesterday. If David goes back to LA, I don't know if he will still have a chance to get back to England men's national team. As you can see, American soccer is not on the same level with European leagues. Without high-level football matches, it is hard for David to keep his form. His hope for playing 2010 World Cup won't be realized.
Feb 17, 2009 21:12
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST3999 View Post

Unfortunately, David will get back to LA to "waste" his time because AC Milan didn't make a deal with LA Galaxy last Friday. AC Milan also lost to Inter Milan yesterday. If David goes back to LA, I don't know if he will still have a chance to get back to England men's national team. As you can see, American soccer is not on the same level with Euro...

According to some news, David has recinded his contract with LA Galaxy. I would be very happy for David if it was true. Playing high-level can help him maintain his form. His hope of playing 2012 World Cup for England is very likely to be realized.
Feb 18, 2009 21:30
  • KEVIN0518
Info that has not been confirmed: David has signed a one-year contract with AC Milan. That means he will stay at AC Milan until 2010. Meanwhile, AC Milan has sent an attorney to negotiate with LA Galaxy. I am praying that this deal can come true. If it was successful, David would still have a chance to play 2010 World Cup.
Post a Reply to: David ties Bobby Moore's record but loses the game!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code