Menu
Restored ancient brothel to open to visitors in April
Mar 2, 2009 00:46
GUESTWAT Girls from China tricked into forced prostitution in M’sia:

Kuala Lumpur: An increasing number of naive young girls from China are being tricked into forced prostitution in Malaysia, according to a local organisation which is regularly called to their rescue.

They are lured to Malaysia by the promise of well-paid jobs in factories and restaurants, says Michael Chong, head of the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) public service and complaints department.

Syndicates in China place advertisements in newspapers offering salaries of up to 1,000 dollars a month, he told AFP.

These girls, who earn about a hundred dollars a month in their home town, as nurses or other steady jobs, of course get excited at the prospect and end up coming here. They are all naive.

When they arrive in Malaysia they are passed on to local agents who take away their passports and tell them they have to work as prostitutes to repay their travel expenses of up to 8,000 dollars, Chong said.

They were locked in a budget hotel room and forced to service customers.

When I refused to do it at first, I was slapped. The man told me if I didnt work, I would be starved to death and never return to China, said 25-year-old Wern.

The women said that when they tried to use excuses, saying they were ill or menstruating, they were beaten up or burnt with cigarette butts.

The six girls hatched a desperate plan to flee. They unscrewed the grilles of their bedroom window, tied bedsheets to form a rope and escaped, one girl spraining her ankle in the process.

Chong says this sort of scenario is quite common.

They are locked up 24 hours a day, its very hard for them to escape. When they do, they end up having to jump out of windows. I know four girls who had to climb out of a 27th storey window once.
Then they get into a taxi and beg the driver to take them to their embassy. Luckily, the taxi drivers all know about me, and they say ‘I will send you to Michael Chong instead’”.

MCA for which Chong works is a political party and member of the ruling National Front coalition, and tries to arrange for the girls to be sent home. Some 27 per cent of Malaysias population of 25 million are ethnic Chinese.

Last year we received 173 cases of Chinese nationals being cheated in Malaysia,Chong said. Most of them said they were forced into prostitution.

The situation is going from bad to worse.

The Home Ministry revealed last week that more than 5,100 foreigners involved in prostitution were deported last year.

The deportations included 2,155 Indonesians, 1,230 Chinese, 946 Thais, 298 Vietnamese, 189 Filipinos, 138 Uzbeks and 125 Cambodians.

Some of them come in with broken legs and broken arms. They had been tortured by their agents or sadist clients, he said.

When asked why China seemed to be a hotspot for the trade, he said it was due to demand.

-AFP

Mar 2, 2009 03:35
GUEST1257 I hope that the brothel won't open for business again. Ancient brothel is shame of the feudal China. Today, it is a shame that many married men go for prostitutes. Men should be condemned for the demanding prostitution. Where there is demand, there has to be supplies.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Restored ancient brothel to open to visitors in April
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code