Menu
China residency ?
Feb 16, 2009 08:46
  • SOCALED
I was informed by a casual acquaintance that even if a foreigner marries a Chinese citizen, he/she will not be granted permanent residency.
The foreigner must live in China for 9 months and leave for 3 months. This will take place for the first 5 years of their marriage before the foreigner can remain permanently in China.
Can anyone shed some light on this one way or another?
Feb 16, 2009 19:50
GUEST45106 That's about right...5 years..but I heard this had to be consecutive..you have to live only in China for 5 years..no trips home.You also have to apply for your residency in the province/city your spouse is registered in and they have to have all the proper paperwork for their "houko"...deed for apartment..etc You might also have to provide some details on your finances(bank statements).Might be to your advantage if you purchased an apartment in your or you and your wifes names too.The best thing to do is to go to the local PSB where she is from and see what they say as it varies from province to province.
Feb 25, 2009 08:51
GUESTSOCALED Thank You GUEST 45106.

I shall follow up on this.
Mar 5, 2009 02:38
  • JOSHIRV57
Socaled,you can not be granted permanent residency. However,its a matter of what your situation is. There are many foreigners here,same as me,and where you
live.I have met many people who live here permanently,from other countries. However you answers will not come fast,nor always correctly,if you do not ask the
right government officials,and continue to ask information from Forums,which have no legal or worthy information which fits your status. Ask the Professionals
in the right departments.
Mar 5, 2009 07:05
  • SOCALED
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOSHIRV57 View Post

Socaled,you can not be granted permanent residency. However,its a matter of what your situation is. There are many foreigners here,same as me,and where you
live.I have met many people who live here permanently,from other countries. However you answers will not come fast,nor always correctly,if you do not ask the
right government officials,...

Thank you Josh,
I've been to China and I like the country. I have substantial income to support myself if I am granted permission to reside in China as a permanent resident. I hope to take an early retirement. However, I do not know which government officials to contact. Would it be Chinese consulate here in Los Angeles or an office in China?
Post a Reply to: China residency ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code