Menu
Is she unforgivable?
Feb 28, 2009 01:23
  • JIMMYB
This girl who rode on the neck of Chairman Mao is probably the most popular one on the internet now. A countless number of netizens have criticized her behavior. How could she take a photo by riding on the neck of Chaiman Mao? This is unforgivable!

After she was exposed on the internet, she gradually regreted for her behavior. Her friend started a thread and called people to forgive her because she had realized her mistake. Now, she doesn't dare to walk out of her house because she is worried that somebody will recognize her. In the evening, she feels so scared and can't fall asleep. However, the netizens don't seem to accept her apology. If she really feels sorry, she should apologize in person.

What do you think of her? Is she unforgivable?

Feb 28, 2009 01:24
  • JIMMYB
No.2

Feb 28, 2009 02:02
GUEST10286 Looks like she's having a great time, what's the problem? If you don't want her you can send her abroad, then she can ride all the statues she wants.
Mar 1, 2009 00:07
  • JAYKURU
Reply to guest 10286- send her to USA where she can ride the statues of George W B, or old man Lincoln, and get a free holiday at Guantanamo Bay.
Mar 1, 2009 09:47
  • CARLOS
Yes, I think she should apologize in person to Chairman Mao himself. Oh, it is not easy. But no problem, she can be taken behind sauna, then she can apologize Chairman Mao.

COME ON! What is it she really did?
There are and there will always be people who have something to say about neighbour´s dog barking or old women doing their shoppings just in lunch time and paying with small money.

Carlos
Mar 1, 2009 23:33
  • GRIZ326
She's young, it is an error of youthful exuberance; only dullards never make such errors in judgement. I imagine a personal apology for her behavior would be useful for those offended.

Mar 2, 2009 22:29
  • SHESGOTTOBE
What is it that she did wrong? I see nothing that she has to apologize for. All I see is a girl who is enjoying herself, having her picture taken, on a statue. Is it because it is Mao’s statue? Leaders are human too, just like us. If anything, I would interpret it as a tribute. She wanted to have her picture taken, with ‘Mao’. It’s not like she is throwing rocks/shoes/tomatoes at Mao’s statue. Could it be that some people are just being overly sensitive? I think it is being blown out of proportion.
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Mar 2, 2009 22:33
Mar 2, 2009 23:33
  • DODGER
This act would be viewed as an insult to the Chairman and at the least seen as disrespectful..
Chinese culture is built on symbolism.
She is clearly old enough to know better.
An apology is in order.
Dodger.
Mar 3, 2009 20:30
  • KATRINA
She needs to make a public apology. She is not a little kid and she should know whom she rode. Even it was not Chairman Mao, just an ordinary statue, she shouldn't ride on it. It is impolite.
Post a Reply to: Is she unforgivable?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code