Menu
Anyone backpacking Tibet 2009 ?
Feb 28, 2009 09:39
  • WEIZHEN
Hi, i'm looking for travel companion(s) to backpack in Tibet from July 09 till August 09.

Before that, i'll be visiting Hanoi (climbing mount fansipan) and then crossing over to Kunming (Lijiang, Dali, Shangrila) then up to Lhasa. I'm still in the midst of planning the itinerary. Anyone has done similar trips before, hope you're willing to share your travel experiences/itineraries with me.

At the same time, if you/ or friends are interested in travelling Tibet and/or Kunming together with me, feel free to drop me a message. I'll be more that delighted to hear from you !

Cheers,
Weizhen
Singapore
Mar 2, 2009 07:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi
I just heard the same thing. while you may well be able to go ahead and apply for a visa and permit, no-one is having them issued and you will doubtless not be given a reason why you are refused.

Things may get back to normal by July and August so just wait awhile..................

May 16, 2009 02:06
GUESTSRATCHU... Hi, i did the Singapore fly to Hanoi fly to Kunming - Shangrila - Tiger Leaping Gorge - Lijiang - Lugu Hu - Lijiang - Dali - Kunming - Hekou - Sapa - Hanoi fly back to Singapore on Apr to May (19 days). Basically Sapa to me was very touristy and right now I dun tink Fansipan is safe... Really foggy... Travelling across Yunan is easy but try to take the slightly more expensive bus... cheaper means delays and overloading and finally breakdowns... waste time... Toilets are horrible but the scenery and people are great... I spent approx: S$1700/-. Be prepared to be taken for a ride around Lao Cai when you go up to Sapa... Sometimes they just act blur and wait for other customers.. I waited for nearly an hour before ascending Sapa... Dun pay first... If they take too long hop off find another bus... The same when you come down from Sapa. Dun engage any guides for the trek around the minority villages... just find a local black Hmong... she'll bring you for a fee of US10 and below... half what all the guesthouses are offering. In Yunnan... all the tours offered by guesthouses are very cheap and sometimes even lower than the entrance fees for attractions... but expect them to bring you to places to buy stuff... thats where they earn back their loses... buy only if you want... the guides will insist its cheaper but i found the local supermarkets prices are better... you judge... The prices for the long distances buses are the same if you buy from direct or from guesthouses... maybe a diff of S$2/-. Overall... If you decide to go Lugu Hu... Make sure the guide is a Mosuo man... They'll give you a better understanding of Mosuo ppl... Enjoy urself... Email me at yahoo.com.sg|sratchuback if have other questions.....
Jun 2, 2009 23:40
GUEST52772 I am going to be studying in beijing in july and am trying to be in Tibet august 1-7. Been having problems with details about getting there without a tour group. Would love to meet up in Tibet if possible, but if the sched doesnt make that possible we could at least share some info. let me know what you have found out so far. email - gmail.com|combsjr
Post a Reply to: Anyone backpacking Tibet 2009 ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code